Friday, August 17, 2018

Old Mission.........................August

Tristen came for the day so we decided to go for a drive. There was a lavender farm that I wanted to see out on the Peninsula so seemed like a plan to go that direction. I honestly could not take any more crowded beaches and roads. I asked Gabby if she and Cooper would like to come with us. She had tried without success to show Tony Old Mission Store. Now I think she may find it Maybe!
We started out going straight out to the Lighthouse. The boys brought swim trunks. Actually they wore them and brought a change of clothes. Cooper unfortunately chose a pair of swim trunks a bit too loose for him haha. Got some good shots haha......
 photo 112_0017_zpstbuwylws.jpg
 photo 112_0011_zps6pkxsonq.jpg
 photo 112_0014_zpssabthbhw.jpg
 photo 112_0013_zpsvzle6yyj.jpg
 photo 112_0021_zpsj7xfsqu2.jpg
I keep driving by the road signs that tell us we are half way between the North Pole and Equator but never get a shot, so here is one.
 photo 112_0022_zpsyaffyk8a.jpg
The Old Mission Peninsula Lighthouse.
 photo 112_0069_zpshxvtkovx.jpg
The Beach was pretty clear woo hoo. At least we got a section to ourselves. The water was warm and calm. Nice to walk in but still wished I had put on beach shoes. I remember when I could run anywhere bare foot, not anymore though.
 photo 20180817_113413k_zps7eoimprx.jpg
 photo 112_0044h_zpstpcrl2x0.jpg
It has been so hot we have stayed inside. It was good to get out. The sky was overcast again, so no pretty skys. Kids enjoyed the water but was not long before Gabby and I were ready to get into some shade. Cooper had a few problems with his suit haha
 photo 112_0066_zpsxknpppnr.jpg
 photo IMG_0015_zpsckvksgdr.jpg
 photo 20180817_113822_zpsa1ueetru.jpg
 photo 112_0034_zpsbwjg3abw.jpg
 photo 112_0026_zpsfp1h3krv.jpg
We went into the woods to get out of the sun after a bit and headed back to the car. Someone had been very nice and this year had installed an area to hose off the sand, so Gabby hosed off the boys before they got in the car and got dressed. My Van always has beach towels and stuff so drying off is easy.
 photo 112_0023_zpsnlox65w5.jpg
 photo IMG_0017_zpstumscxvn.jpg
 photo 112_0068_zpsnmzjueih.jpg
Next stop lunch. We made our way to Old Mission, and the store. They have wonderful Reuben sandwiches. The boys wanted hot dogs and they were big, plump and looked good. It was a half hour wait but is worth it food made from scratch. The boys played Checkers while we waited. I hope they stay friends all their lives and when they are old they can sit together and play checkers and remember..........
 photo 112_0072_zpsqyr0cevu.jpg
 photo 112_0071_zps5nvavk1r.jpg
 photo 20180817_123704_zpslbf1a6oe.jpg
Look at the reubens
 photo 20180817_131021_zpsnmsz9nlb.jpg
Gabby and I shared one even though I could have eaten the whole thing, yum! Even Gerry brought 1/2 home for supper.
 photo 20180817_124847_zpszp0c8ymh.jpg
After we had full tummies we went looking for the Lavender farm with the Secret Garden. Found it.............Secret Garden at Bry's Estate
 photo 112_0117_zpsrxbrqogd.jpg
 photo IMG_0031_zps6dakznck.jpg
 photo IMG_0032_zpsrinmrdi0.jpg
Lovely gardens and even though the Lavender had finished it still smelled beautiful, especially when I tripped over a bush. I wanted to get some Lavender soap. We didn't have much to spare (money) but I did get some soap.They have a lovely little store with hand crafted recycled materials made into cute things. Some great ideas.
 photo 20180817_143411_zpsqin9crwo.jpg
 photo 112_0080_zpsjs0qaqar.jpg
Gabby saw a few things and wants to learn to sew. Well it doesn't look as though they will be moving out any time soon, so that's a project for this winter. Teach Gabby to sew. You never know she may enjoy it.
 photo 112_0088_zpsl4opjkvh.jpg
 photo 112_0099_zps39bhehto.jpg
 photo 112_0114k_zpspxvnpsxx.jpg
 photo 112_0116k_zpsc38w7ikf.jpg
 photo 112_0075_zpswypvx6uz.jpg
 photo 112_0077j_zpslvhytshq.jpg
I love gardens and flowers. I love taking pictures of pretty things. I hope it will cool down soon, not in the immediate future as far as the weatherman says. Next week I must have my sale, I put it off this week so don't want to do that again. So after the Lavender farm we headed home. The boys got along well all day. That is always nice. We took Tristen home by 6.30 and we were few minutes early so he had us drive by his school to use his extra minutes up haha.

3 comments:

Kay G. said...

I gardens and flowers too! Thanks for showing us the lavender farm, I wish I could see one too. Glad you got those boys to the beach and in the water, Tristen is getting so tall!
Those sandwiches look wonderful! I bet those boys will treasure these times with you. xx

Janice Kay Schaub said...

I hope so Kay. There are fun places to go around here and I am always looking for something new. I want to go early in the season next year to the Lavender farm because they sell lavender ice cream and cookies etc
Janice

Magic Love Crow said...

What a great day Janice! Love all the pictures! That lavender farm looks amazing! The food looks so yummy too! Good luck on the sale! Big Hugs!