Monday, July 9, 2012

Oh Deer............

When we were out the other day we took a few back roads. We always look for deer. I don't know how to explain how I feel, its such a privilege to me to see wild things up close. I thank God for every experience. I have this connection with animals and love them so much. So when we came across this little girl, I first took a picture through the car window. Just so I got a picture. We stopped and I got this shot 104_0196 we opened the car windows so we could try for a better picture and my husband got this one 104_0198 It was the best for lighting because of where she stood. She watched us as we eased forwards until we were right near her. She continued to eat and mosey around like we were not even there. She sensed we were not a threat. 104_0202 Bit by bit we got closer and she did turn but didn't hurry............ 104_0203 She must have been having lunch and didnt want to interrupt it deer1 She went to the trees and ate again for all the world like she just didn't care. 104_0205 Then she wandered out of sight and we headed off home. deer2 Bye bye Bambi and thank you for making our afternoon so pleasant.......wishing you a long and healthy life.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent pictures, she really is a beauty. We are so lucky because there are deer in the woods where I walk in the mornings, so we get to see a lot of them.

lousnewsandcraftycreations said...

Lovely pictures,how great to get so close.
Laura x

NanaDiana said...

Oh- isn't she beautiful? They are just such sweet, gentle creatures. It is too bad that they do destruct crops...which is why they have hunting season around here. I don't think there is anything much cuter than a little fawn. xo Diana

eileeninmd said...

Love the pretty deer. It is always a treat to see them.

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh my gosh, what beautiful photos, especially that last one! It's as if she realized you weren't going to hurt her. You know I love animals, too, Janice. It's so hard to explain to someone who doesn't "get it." I love this post! I wrote a poem a long time ago and a deer. I'll have to dig it out and share with you.
Hugs, Cindy

Cindy Adkins said...

oops...I meant I wrote a poem "about" a deer :)