Monday, November 4, 2019

Wet walk on my own......................

I did it, I went for a short walk on my own. I don't know why I am reluctant but I am......I am inclined to stay indoors on my own. I have much to do inside and yet yearn to be outside. I have two personalities.It is very obvious to me. One is painfully insecure and shy (not sure that's the word) My teachers called me "retiring" the other me is the opposite. She doesn't show up too often. When I worked and have done the required personality tests I have always come out 50/50 opposites. The turtle who withdraws in her shell and the wolf who is confident and aggressive. Make of that what you will but every test like that comes out the same and I see it in myself.
So........today I had to get birdseed. The sun was out and so I made myself do it and why not go for a walk then. Right.......got my bird seed. Started to rain, only light rain so off I went.
This little guy was the reason I went to get the bird seed

The path down by the Boardman Lake goes two ways. I have only been in one direction and so I looked it up to see how far it went in the other direction. I saw a small park with a dock so thought that would be the way to go. I know there is a lot of bird activity on that lake and I know there are Loons around. Not today, not a soul to see. It was drizzling under lowering skies. You will see raindrops on my lense in some pictures. Grey and gloomy but it was a walk and exercize so there ya go.





It doesn't make for great pictures but ah well. Found a few things of interest anyway and beauty is in the eye of the beholder.






The path runs alongside the railway tracks. Not often used these days but I think that's going to change soon. Might be able to take train rides down state. Wish they would go north. Pretty Oak leaves I want to paint.


The railway tressles make a nice picture don't you think? Great for mice, rats, otters and birds nesting.I think it makes an interesting picture myself.


I also found some interesting statue displays. Iron work collages. Unexpected find that




The only wildlife I saw was a lonely squirrel and we have enough of those guys in the garden. I hope he didnt see what I bought at the feed store.


I have been down there on my own before so that was a good start. I will go again on a sunny day maybe.

1 comment:

NanaDiana said...

What a lovely walk-rainy day or not. I am glad you made yourself get out and go. I have the same argument with myself about going out like that. love to you-xo Diana