Friday, December 27, 2019

Boxing Day at the Beach.........................


It still seems strange to me that we don't get Boxing Day in the U.S. It's hardly right to have to go back to work the day after Christmas. In England it was the day to visit the "other side" of the family. The ones we didn't get to on Christmas Day. Here its just work as usual. Thank goodness for retirement.
It was a sunny day and beautiful sky. I had wanted to stop by Cedar Creek for some time to get pictures and actually remembered this time.


It was so pretty, a lady was walking her dog and we had a nice chat about the place.
next we went the back way towards Suttons Bay and got some pictures of old barns. I love old barns. I suppose I have said that a million times before. Here are a few from this day.




We found the one with the Donkeys and I just loved them sunning themselves.





I loved how the little chickens ran over to them when they saw me. Their protectors? The little black pony hid behind some rocks so I couldn't get him and the goats were inside I would guess.
After that we cut across to avoid Suttons Bay and went over to Lake Leelanau. We stopped at the Peddlers Corner to check them out and I found a few things I could not resist. I got two cups and saucers for the blue bedroom and a red and white mug for my collection of red and white stuff.
Here are my finds.






Seven dollars for the lot, I gave them 10. I love that place and they will soon be moving, thats sort of a shame as this place is so convenient. Next we got coffee and a goodie at Peddling Beans before going into Leland where we hit Van's Beach. It was easy getting down on that side. No snow. As we left a bunch of people arrived. I didn't find much. The sun shining and wind blowing. My eyes didn't work too well, but I got a few Petoskey's and some tiny blues.







Instead of our usual trips out there we headed home through Maple City, I had mentioned Burrito's so we were both ready to eat by then and headed for the Hayloft. Always good there and we have enough leftover for tonight. Woo hoo.......No cooking for me.

No comments: