Thursday, May 21, 2020

Birding in Springtime............

I got fed up with writing, as I am really just talking to myself haha. Anyway we did manage to get out a few times although nothing much different. Same ol'places. It's warmed up a bit and the leaves are popping after a few days of rain. We went back to see the Geese and their family, they've grown a bit. I have taken an interest in birds. I put out an Oriel feeder. I couldn't believe my eyes when one showed up the very next day.



What a treat, several came over the next few days and I was thrilled. I have no idea why I have never seen them in town. Then low and behold a Rose Breasted grosbeak I have never seen one of those in town either. That only came twice but I did get a picture.








So with renewed interest, I wondered who else would show up. A Catbird. Never seen one before. So another new to my garden. I have since bought some new feeders. I hope that brings in more.





Meanwhile I have taken a few pictures around an about. A Phoebe we saw by Marada Lake but mostly around the garden





American Goldfinch, BlueJays, Cardinal's, White Crested Sparrows, Grackles, Mourning Doves and even the Crow comes to visit. The lady Cardinal took a bath with the Sparrow, she seemed to be itchy.







I will do another post about the garden and our last day out, but I wanted to do this one about the birds I have been seeing. The Phoebe and Trumpeter Swan, a Redwing Blackbird and I even saw the Grackle in her nest, I heard the babies. I hope they don't fall in the lake.




Maybe I should put a name under each bird but I know who they are.............

No comments: