Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Out and About........

I have managed to get out a couple of times a week. I haven't done a blog each time because I've been working in the garden. It's been a lot of work, as it usually is in Springtime. Working hard on cleaning out the stuff that spreads so much. Anyway, it's hard work now. I have to take a lot of breaks............We went out yesterday from Empire to Frankfort. Back roads make it more interesting.



Naturally we watch for animals. There have been so many bear sightings so far this Spring, alas I haven't seen one. Saw one deer but no good shots. They are no doubt staying close to babies. I want pictures but there again no sightings so far. I did see this baby though...........how cute is this. I believe it's a Mink.





I was walking along the front by the breakwall and heard what I thought was a bird. Having a look I then saw what I thought was a kitten. Oh no, I sure didn't want to go back to the car with a kitten, even if I did manage to not fall in the water.......but then a face pops up from under a rock. I see it's a Mink. So cute. Mum was keeping tabs on baby who was wandering, I was afraid it would fall into the water or get lost, but it got back to Mum just fine.

Flooding over the path and the road also.




The smell of Honeysuckle was thick in the air.
The next thing I had wanted to do was to go home down River Rd, the Llama farm was opening up but not on a Sunday.........so




Close to home is Olson's buffalo herd.

While I was by Betsie Lake I saw a Muskrat, first this year but my pictures are not good. I have been watching at Narada Lake because I got good pictures there......hope that I will see him again.....meanwhile here is a not so good picture.

Well I am not really in the mood for this right now, it's hot and yeauky so all for now. I hope we can get out at the end of the week.

No comments: