Monday, May 10, 2021

Sunny Sunday.........................

We stayed home on Saturday because we had a lot of work to do in the garden. Tristen had a new game so I figured we would give him the day to play with that stuff. However, Sunday came sunny and still cold so we decided to take off. Besides I was still sore from all the work I did on Saturday. There was a place I wanted to check out, Boekeloo Cabin out in Benzie co. It used to be a Cranberry bog. The cabin is still there.
What I didn't know was that the surrounding forest ended up in the Dunes and the shoreline. I am not sure how far back we walked but it seemed quite a way for me. I am glad it wasn't a warm day. Tristen had fun running up the dunes. We didn't quite make it to the beach, simply because it was windy out on the Dunes and the beginning of bugs. They said that the beaches were abuzz with them and anyway walking in sand is really hard for me.
As always just like a puppy Tristen covered twice the ground.
That was a longer than usual hike for us so from there we didn't do a lot more. We did get out later while Gerry stayed in the car. We headed to Frankfort to see if we could see any birds or waterfowl..........Going past Crystal Lake. I notice the garden place is open.
Some Blossoms are popping but it's been so cold. We had that warm spell but since then it got cold and freeze warnings every night. It was also windy so with the promice of stopping at Culvers for supper we headed home.
Waiting for out Fish and chips and Tristen's Butterburgher we admired the flowers.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Relaxing setting