Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas Cards......

I do so love Christmas cards. I enjoy sending them and love getting them. It seems that every year is a rush. They will be late this year. I have got things under control when it comes to decorating and have set Thanksgiving weekend as Christmas decorating weekend. Gives me chance to clean house and be prepared. Well I need to do that with the cards too. Maybe the weekend prior to that?
I love the glittery cards that I get from England, especially snow scenes and the English Robins and post boxes.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I used to keep all my cards, it was only last year that I decided to get rid of the bulk of them. I did keep some after going through them all and reading cards from back in the 1970s. I love to get the notes from people that I may only hear from once a year. Now most people have email and send electronic cards, I sure hope it never replaces the real thing. Its lovely to get that card in the mail. To sit and open a few every day right up to Christmas Eve. Some people put in a newsy letter and tell about their year. Most people seem to have a far more interesting life than I do. Maybe that's why they do Christmas letters and I don't.
Every year I hope to make my own cards, but something always comes up and so far that has not happened. Maybe 2012 will be the year?

No comments: