Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Dead Mans Hill.............................

Out for the day with Edna. It has been a very pretty day, sunny and bright. It was quite warm too. I went out for the day with Edna. She loves to drive and I do not. She knows all the back roads all over the state and I do not.Anyway, we didn't let a beautiful day go to waste.
 photo DSCN7939_zpshrk3smlf.jpg
So we went north in the hope that the colours are changed, while not at their peek, or maybe past the peek? I don't know, but beautiful either way. I don't know all the roads but somehow we ended up in and around East Jordan and Alba. We stopped for lunch in a very very small town and it was awesome food as it often is in some of those small places. Sometimes we take a picnic but some days its just nice to find a quiet place and enjoy a lunch out.
 photo DSCN7950h_zpspnoxd0p1.jpg
 photo DSCN7949j_zpsqyx28wtv.jpg
Some colours were brilliant, some muted but it was a lovely ride.
 photo DSCN7900_zpspen4p3nc.jpg
 photo DSCN7910hj_zpsbtjql9ww.jpg
We stopped by "Dead Man's Hill" I copied the sign and that explains it for us. It was windy on the top of the hill. Exhilarating. I love the wind like that, the nip in the air so fresh and clean. I wished I could have been alone but there were a few people taking in the view across the Jordan Valley.
 photo DSCN7911_zpsgqjbfpza.jpg
 photo DSCN7912h_zpsqzitywrv.jpg
 photo DSCN7914gj_zpspe6gvxcg.jpg
 photo DSCN7919h_zpsj5ogpwhh.jpg
I would have loved to have gone for a hike but that was for another day.
 photo DSCN7906n_zpsifii4es6.jpg
The fungus on the trees, so pretty.
 photo DSCN7907j_zpsu6ytfskg.jpg
It is hard to capture the colours on film, especially from a moving car, but I tried.
 photo DSCN7887j_zps8ri7cmqx.jpg
The sky was pretty all day, layers of clouds.
 photo DSCN7952_zps7xscogab.jpg
The seeds make a pretty picture also. Anyway it was a lovely day with a lovely lady.
 photo DSCN7945h_zpsrmncygwn.jpg
It would have been a perfect day for hiking but then again, it's bow hunting season. So as it always is at this time of year, the beauty of the forest is tainted. We can't really hike unless we wear bright orange. I prefer to stay away. It's safe enough in these places because most ban hunting, but not all so one has to be careful.

4 comments:

Merlesworld said...

A bit dicy walking around in the trees in bow hunting season, I agree .
Merle......................

A Brit in Tennessee said...

You've got lots of color going on there Janice, so gorgeous !
Yes, stay away from the bow season hunters, but you were still able to enjoy the drive :)
Beautiful post.
Hugs,
~Jo

Magic Love Crow said...

A perfect beautiful day! I love the photos!! Big Hugs!

Anonymous said...

such a beautiful photo trip!!!