Friday, June 21, 2019

Shop Hop June 2019.............

The first shop hop for this year. We are missing Nancy these days but we still manage to enjoy the day. This was a rather short hop for us. That's OK I was tired by the time we got home so I am sure Edna was, she drove. Today it was Barb, Edna and myself and we went to the first shop on Wednesday evening because it was in Suttons Bay. Cherry Country quilt shop. That one was out of the way compared to the others that were out in Fife Lake and Lake City, Williamsburg and Traverse City.
Cherry Country Quilt shop Suttons Bay
Cherry Country Quilt Shop

I didn't get anything because so many people showed up for the first evenings opening of the Shop Hop. Its a small shop and I just didn't want to stand in line.
So today was the big day and Barb picked me up at 8:30 ish and then we went to get Edna. Edna drove the rest of the day. We set off for Fife Lake and Cardinal Creations at Lake City. These quilt shops are in very small towns so it's fun to get to see places I don't normally go. This is a nice little shop. I have my favourites naturally and I like the ones that have other things besides fabrics.

I didn't get much but found a couple of things here. The next stop was Quilters Clinic in Fife Lake. I am not fond of this one and didn't find anything there. I suppose certain shops appeal to certain people who specialize, I do not.
After that is was heading back towards Traverse City. We had a narrow miss, I looked up to see a deer right in front of us, no time to react. I suppose that was a good thing because Edna didn't see it either until it was bonnet high bounding across and thank heaven no cars were coming the other way. So one lucky Bambi.
So next we headed to Williamsburg and probably my favourite shop Rene's House of Quilting
Always a fun place to shop or just visit, so friendly and soooo much to look at. I might also add they always have great snacks.
Say hello to Renee a lovely lady


There is just so much to look at in this store I just can't say enough about it. I get some good ideas there. I must make one of these little trees. I don't always want to make quilts and so the shops that have other things are all on my favourite list.

The last place is Interquilten and they just moved into where the Quilt N Bee used to be
I miss Quilt N Bee but I also loved Interquilten too so I am happy with that. They have not been in there long so have not yet changed the signage.

I had gone in there to get my "bag" with passport for the shop hop so I pretty much knew what I wanted.


So that was it for this day. We just happened to be next to Hunan, the Chinese restaurant just in time for lunch. So because the ladies did the driving I bought us lunch.
I got home with every intention of getting out in the garden but that just didn't happen. Instead I admired my purchases. I thought I did well and didn't over do it.
At Renee's I found this adorable panel, I love sheeps (yes I know its sheep not sheeps but I don't care) and I found a couple of fat quarters also with sheeps.



I could just not resist. I think I will make a baby quilt with the panel and somehow make something for me with the two pieces. There will always be someone who has a baby so I will be prepared.
I had gone wanting some cherry fabrics to make pot holders.

I found a pack of ready cut squares in colours that will coordinate with some I already have and will be able to use.
The last thing I found was a fabric that could add another border to my small quilt I am waiting to finish, but then I noticed it would make a nice back to the sheep panel so we will see.
So that will be my new challenges once I finish in the garden.

No comments: