Sunday, October 2, 2011

Autumn Weekend.....................

Saturday was a wonderful Autumn day, couldn't have been more perfect. The sky was that wonderful blue so often seen this time of year, no clouds in the sky. We intended  going for a ride out to the Sand Dunes, it was a bit nippy, just how I like it. I wanted to take pictures so we would look for a pumpkin patch. Well we had not got far along M72 towards Empire when we saw pumpkins at Gallagher's market. We stopped miracle of miracles as the hubster usually just sails on by all the things I want to see. Low and behold they had the farm open for a Fall harvest time fun day. So we got out to take pictures of pumpkins and Gerry took Reina and Tristen back to the fields while Laura and I admired the pumpkins

Photobucket

The two kids had a blast back in the fields. There was a huge apple tree. I dont think I have ever seen one so big. I took a picture of the apples hanging  on it. The farm was full of crates of apples and fruits and vegetables. Wonderful things.

Photobucket

I think that its wonderful that Gallagher's open up their farm to people and share it all with us. The kids loved the animals too. I managed to find a couple of butterfly's that I will share later and some wooly worms. Reina found one and made it her new friend. Tristen was fascinated by the pigs, he did not like the smell. They had sheep, pigs and bunnies for them to see. This guy was strutting his stuff
Photobucket


This may be the reason why

Photobucket

Apart from the animals there were wonderful sunflowers growing these left for the very happy birds. Remind me to put in some happy sunflowers next year.

Photobucket
Here are a few of the animals and some fun times in the fields.

Photobucket

After we left the farm we got back on track and headed out towards Empire. As we got to Golden Valley I saw that Mary Frixen's car was there. Now many years ago I started taking riding lessons there at Golden Valley. I ended up buying my horse Lady and have known Mary since then. A wonderful lady. Anyway we thought the kids would enjoy seeing the horses and so we stopped. Mary was surprised to see us, its been awhile. I told her about Alexandra dying and me having Tristen. She gave me some carrots and told us what horse they would be safe going to see. Tristen loved the cat Marmaduke who followed us out into the field to see Spotty. Reina wanted to sit on him so bad and so we let her.

Photobucket

After we left Golden Valley, and we actually got away from there without any problems from Mr Tristen. We got on track again and after getting a nice cup of coffee and apple juice for the kids we headed to the beach. Yes I know, a cold day for the beach, but its a great time for the beach. That means no people and we have it all to ourselves. The colour of the water was just beautiful a soft turquoise and then shades of teal further out. White horses and everything..........there had been a lot of wind storms the last several days and so the beach was full of beautiful stones. We just love to look for special stones. Tristen likes to throw them in. We didn't want to look for stones with Tristen there because I didn't want him getting wet and we knew he would sooner rather than later. So we headed out..............Gerry had to chase him down to get him back to the car. His only meltdown of the day. He was struggling so hard he came out of his pants (Tristen that was not Gerry)
Photobucket

When we got him back into the car he very quickly dozed off to snoozeland. We had decided to eat at the Hayloft instead of going home and as the little one had to be coaxed awake he was in a daze. So he was nice and behaved well. They have wonderful wet beef burrito's and with a Margarita as well it finished off a wonderful day. 

No comments: