Sunday, December 9, 2012

Snow Today...........

It's snowing. The joy? the beauty, the anticipation. Well I could really have lived all winter without it but here it is. I suppose I should be happy its held off thus far, and it will be nice to have a white christmas. I mean, after all this is Michigan. Friends have already taken off to ski in other states (as we had none) so for our local economy its a must have. I don't drive now. I think come summer I will try to do more but after being sick I have sort of lost my equilibrium somewhat. I was just getting used to driving a couple of blocks to pick up Tristen at school. Gave me back some confidence. Now with snow I dare not risk that. Anyway..........I will be putting out more food for the birds and squirrels keep my little friends happy. snow3 It is beautiful that's for sure. Especially here where we live. Although Northern Michigan, the Upper Peninsula is even more beautiful and they get a lot of snow. Calumet (The above is the river at Calumet) I will be glad to get out and get some of my own pictures............I don't have any at the moment on my computer. I may have some somewhere on disc but it would be better to just get new ones. snow2 No idea who took the ones I have found on the web but I am grateful to the photographers for some lovely pictures. snow As beautiful as it is, snow can also be a hazard to drive in. I am glad that I no longer need to be on the roads when we have storms. I can enjoy it from home, or when it stops and the roads are clear I can venture forth and take pictures. Till then..........enjoy these ones.

6 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Your snow pictures are beautiful. It is snowing here tonight, too. Blessings- xo Diana

Antiques And Teacups said...

Gorgeous photos. I used to live at 5,000 feet and we had snow all winter. Finally moved to sea level, and now the snow is a joyous surprise, not a daily chore.
Ruth

DeniseinVA said...

Those pictures are lovely. Do hope you start to feel 100% soon.

parTea lady said...

The photos are lovely. I've always wanted to visit Michigan, but in the summer. I moved south (GA) from Ontario and I've never missed the snow.

Thanks for visiting me at Tea and Talk.

Magic Love Crow said...

Stunning pictures!! I love the snow so much and it looks like this year, we will be having a green Christmas! I really hope not! I agree about the driving, but I would rather drive in snow, than freezing rain!! Take Care ;o)

Cindy Adkins said...

Wow! Gorgeous photos. I appreciate the beauty of winter much more now than I used to when I was younger. I don't like driving in it and wish winter didn't last soooo long, but it is beautiful. I really hope you're feeling better, Janice.
Love,
Cindy