Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Watercolour paintings.............

104_0296 Above is one of my favourite paintings that I did in watercolour. What I like about the medium is the unexpected results I sometimes get. That is also the worst thing about it too. You can not always control the results. One thing I really enjoy is doing the sky. In this next picture I was practicing clouds. 104_0286 The circle you see is a reflection of my camera, I didn't take the pictures out from under glass but I think you can see the effect of the wet on wet technique in the sky. Then by scraping across the sky it looks like rain (I think?).......It is supposed to be an Autumn scene. Below is another Autumn scene, brisk and windy. 104_0291 I will share a few more paintings in my other blogs, I normally only show them in the Pretty Things blog. I will be sharing this with Make it Pretty Monday at the Dedicated house.

8 comments:

Noelle the dreamer said...

I really like the end results. Thanks for sharing! I myself prefer pen and ink drawings (albeit I did a few acrylic paintings). Wow, I don't remember the last time I did anything of the sort. Guess it has been a long, long, long time since Art school!
All the best Janice,

Magic Love Crow said...

These are all really stunning!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Oh wow, you are a very talented painter- those are beautiful!

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

Oh my! those are just gorgeous! I cannot stop looking at that first one! You are very talented!

Beth said...

Your artwork is just stunning! What a talent you are! I enjoyed visiting today.

Merlesworld said...

Your paintings are pretty good, the clouds are great, I checked your other posts because I haven't visited for a while. I always liked the look of thatched cottages but didn't know they would be warm in winter and cool in summer nor did I know that they kept the critters out, I always thought that would be a problem. The wintery pictures are very pretty.
Merle.....

Heirloom treasures said...

How beautiful your paintings are. I am visiting from The Dedicated House. So pleased I stopped by for a peak.:)

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

You are so talented! Just beautiful. Thank you for sharing this at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse