Saturday, April 14, 2018

It's April ...... really? ......

Well yesterday it rained all day the snow was just about gone for the most part. The weather man has been warning us of a "Winter" storm coming. Well "Spring" storm is more like it. Well it's here. Already news from Leelanau County and power is out. This is heavy wet snow with ice under it. The forecast showed areas of snow, and snow and ice. We are on the verge of the snow and ice and it's also windy so I know there will be a lot of branches down.
Look at the Pines out front of my house. The snow is still coming down and the wind is picking up.
 photo 105_0333_zps0juhvfb1.jpg
 photo 105_0314_zpsve3utxyv.jpg
The plough goes by and closes up the cross roads. We live on a side street and the next road over is 8th st, a one way to the hospital. So they keep that open first for fire and ambulance. I remember when my friend Mary who lived out in Lake Leelanau would come into work, she would say how bad the roads were. Well sometimes it was harder for me only a few blocks away when the plough would leave us blocked in the driveway and then the end of the road would also be blocked so that made me late.
 photo 105_0315_zpsztob3qrr.jpg
I am glad I cancelled my groomers appointment today, the poodles were due for a haircut. I called her yesterday, I felt bad cancelling but she was happy enough not to have to drive in. I mean, to cancel on a 4 cut appointment just would not be fair, she makes room for me on a Saturday as it is. Anyway, she was happy to oblige and now they will go in two weeks. A bit fuzzier but safe. Can you imagine getting stuck in all that with 4 small dogs. Looking out this morning I am sooooo glad I cancelled.
 photo 105_0310_zpszulduq4y.jpg
I was going to cut some Forsythia branches to bring in the house so they will bloom. What with snow and rain I have not done so. Now look at them.
 photo 105_0316_zps8995cptd.jpg
The back yard is heavy with branches laden with snow
 photo 105_0319_zpsu4swcqnp.jpg
This poor squirrel was waiting for food (there was plenty under the snow) we filled the feeders and he came down for a few minutes but did not linger.
 photo 105_0323_zpsjymggbe5.jpg
The food is already covered. Funny enough out in the country the birds go to the feeders no matter the weather. Here in town not so much.
 photo 105_0318_zpsuelv7i1k.jpg
Gerry went out to clear a path. Tristen is coming over for the day. I was surprised they actually came, he had TaiKwanDo, I thought they would cancel but nope, they had it. A lot of business's were closed. So he is here for the night.
 photo 105_0320_zpsfe6jsdia.jpg
Bella went out to potty. Yesterday she would not go out in the rain, the others did. I turned around and she had gone on the doormat so I was surprised she went out today.
 photo 105_0321_zpsube8oapv.jpg
We had probably a foot of snow so far. At least it seemed that much was on the deck.
 photo 105_0306_zpsz9c0fkgv.jpg
So far it has not stopped and I thought the weatherman said tonight (Saturday) was going to be the worst of it. So we shall see. I am prepared. If the power goes out I will find candles and we have a flashlight. I always keep enough food in the house.I was raised in England, I know how to survive. Loads of blankets if the heat is off and I do regret no fireplace but that's OK. We will all snuggle up and find stuff to do. I don't expect that to happen but we will be OK no matter.
Anyway it's a PJ day for me and I will draw and paint I think, I should start sewing but bleh!!!! not in that mode right now. I really must get that done soon.
I guess my garden plans are on hold for the immediate future but I also know how quickly this can melt and turn to 90 degrees really fast. It's Michigan, what can I say.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh wow, did you get dumped on or what!!! It looks really pretty but its just so wrong isn't it,, snow like this april,,, yuk!!!! Keep warm!!

Debby Ray said...

Oh my goodness! I do hope spring shows her face soon in your neck of the woods. This spring has really been something else! Have a blessed week ahead!

Magic Love Crow said...

You were hit bad Janice!! We were too, with tones of ice pellets!!! Spring is sure late this year! I hope the power didn't go out for you! Big Hugs! (Loved the photos!!)