Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Glorious Sky.....................

It was supposed to be partly sunny yesterday and in the early morning it seemed that it would be. I wanted to follow up on the report of a Beaver Dam on Gatske Rd and so we headed for Cedar. Well first off we went along Kasben Rd, one of my favourites. but alas nothing to be seen except some horses in a field. I really like that road because we often see stuff along there, nothing this day though. So, took some pictures of barns until we got to Gatske Rd. An abandoned house......looked sad.


As you see the pictures seem dark, no sun. A bit later though and the sky became more interesting than the surroundings,
Victoria Creek didn't amount to much but we did see Beaver activity if no lodge. We followed Gatzke along and ended up somewhere near the back of Sugarloaf.



Its quite high up around there and so coming down there was a nice view of the water. Lake Michigan that is.



Another abandoned farm that I imagine is now in the hands of the park. If so then it will be maintained and kept in good condition. Not subdivided I hope.


We went down Bohemian Rd to get a picture at the beach. Look how calm it is.





We did stop at Port Oneida and saw deer way back near the woods. The rest room there I must say was quite pleasant. Good to know haha.



I went down to the beach just to look, wished I could stay and look for stones. I would have but didn't put my coat on. Look at the erosion.





We stopped in Glen Arbor to get a snack and go down to Glen Haven to eat it. Sort of picnic haha.........by then the sky was just beautiful.



Just look at that sky




I wasn't the only one taking pictures and look at the friend I made




On to Empire to check out the beach progress. The huge rocks are back in place. Looks like they are almost finished with the repairs. On the beach with just a cardigan in February, who would have thunk it.




Had to take in the locals. Someone will be minus some plants come Springtime.









They love birdfeeders..........anyway after visiting the local deer and watching for awhile (I could have sat all day) we headed home.



The whole day had been gloomy but when the sky changed it was oh so worth it. Next time maybe we will go north instead but I never get tired of Leelanau County.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos once again .

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Such gorgeous vistas Janice, it's incredibly serene seeing the snow on the sea shore.
The deer seemed so calm to be so close, and so many of them !
We haven't had any snow yet this winter, I love to see it but that's easy to say when you can choose to stay off the roads.
Yes, I agree, England returns :)
Hugs,
~Jo

Carole said...

Loved seeing the deer