Saturday, March 20, 2021

Northport and around..............

Today is Saturday, it is sunny and sort of warm. A good day to go out. We try to get out to get Tristen away from electronics or he would be content to spend the day in his room talking to his friends on line. So for a change of scene and hope of some exercize we headed out. We went the usual way heading towards Lake Leelanau and then north from there.
The cows were probably the only animal life we saw. Ah well, it's nice to see a few buds on the trees. You really have to look hard to see them but they are there. We stopped by the water in Northport and Tristen wanted to walk to the docks so that's what we did.
From there heading North to the point where the lighthouse is. There were a few people around so we went down to the beach and had a good walk along the shore. Its very stony there. I have trouble these days walking on loose stones and rough ground. The cold makes my eyes run and as I don't see well to begin with its difficult to negotiate. I used to be as sure footed as a goat, now I am just an old Nanny haha............If only I could see. Ah well, I can't so it is what it is. I try to be careful but I sure am not going to be limited in what I do until I have to be. So I got a few pictures along the water
I love this picture. Tristen and Gerry with their walking sticks and Tristen holding his back like it hurts, just like "dad"
By the time we had walked through the campground (what a great place to camp come summer) Gerry had enough so we didn't get back to the Lighthouse
Driving makes his back hurt so I am not sure how we would do as far as travel goes, not any distance anyway. On the way back we stopped by Peterson Park but I didn't get pictures my camera died. I do need a new camera...........when I pay off my pay pal account maybe. This is Woolsey Airport just outside the park.
I love this farm. It has the old buildings that used to house migrant workers when they worked on the Cherry farm.
We went through the little tiny town of Omena to get to Northport
It was a nice day out if uneventful. We stopped at Joe's Friendly Tavern on the way home for Reuben's That way we didn't have to rush home but in any case we didn't see anything. Ah well at least I didn't have to cook.
Tomorrow is supposed to be even warmer. I hope we can do some clean up outside and get the van cleaned out. Sure needs it. Nigel and Nelly came today again and she took a dip in the pond. Nigel is so handsome
So all for today........Roll on SPring

2 comments:

Liz said...

Another super day just blending with nature.

Kay G. said...

I bet you all enjoyed that nice fresh air and worked up a good appetite for your meal! Love the photos!!