Sunday, March 14, 2021

Saturday Adventure...............

It was sunny and windy again with blue sky and choppy waves. We headed out of town to Esche Road. I wanted to check out the river there, Otter Creek, and take a look at the beach. We went to explore the trail there that takes off to the left. Never been that way before. It meanders through the tall pines and is an easy walk. It will be nice come Spring when there may be flowers and its not so wet underfoot.
Last year we found snakes and toads and things around here but I think it was in May. Nothing at all this time. Wild things have been decidedly absent on our last few excursions. Tristen enjoyed the sand and breaking sticks in the woods. He is very active climbing all over and being noisy so will keep the critter aways as we walk haha..............always the same with kids around.
From there we went into Empire but didn't linger, way too windy. Past our usual haunts and back towards home having found nothing. It will soon be time for nesting and the return of the Sandhill Cranes, the Canadians are back already.
Then on Kasben Road in Cedar I was telling about when ALex was with us and would see a cow in a field,she would yell "Horsie" and everyone would correct her; "thats a cow Alex!". She loved horses but guess she was not much good at identifying at a distance. So as we were chugging along (we drive very slow) I said "there's some cows over there!". Well guess I wasn't seeing too well either because they were deer.
Backing up a bit I forgot we saw some Trumpeter Swans on Glen Lake. I believe its the Mum and Dad with last years brood. They always nest on the little pond at the base of the Dunes across the road from the lake. I wonder where all the kids will nest this year. There are two kind of Swans around here, the Mute Swan with yellow beak that we see all the time down at Logans Landing and the Trumpeter Swan with black beak.
Back to Kasben Rd, the old guy who lives along there on the corner has quite a dump and its full of old cars and trucks and goodness knows what. I loved the look of this old truck.
I have not felt much like keeping up my blogs although I suppose time was not an issue. With Covid and all the restrictions I certainly had the time if not the enthusiasm. I felt like I had nothing to say. We did go out after the first few weeks, cautiously and then as we got braver more often. Just us in the car.........at first feeling guilty because what if we broke down or something and someone had to come get us...........then we got a bit more adventuresome and met up with Jo and Tony Perfect a couple of times and they came by the house for lunch a few times too. I have to say that except for the obviouse thing of so many people who died I have enjoyed it. Being restricted that is. When we went out no one was about. I like the fact that people have to wear a mask. Flu season is upon us now and with everyone wearing a mask it is going by without incident. Covid is still a big issue but we have had our first shot now. The Poodle girls have been to the groomers and the vet as usual and have cost us a fortune one way or other but are worth every penny.
Bodi is getting old and is in poor shape now but still her lovely self. The news outside is all about Meghan and Harry..........I will keep my feelings to myself but have to say I am very disappointed that Harry has allowed her to spout off and endanger our Royal Family again. People don't realize the tentative hold they have now in modern time. There are way too many people who would be glad to see the back of them all. I am not one of them. I am a Royalist forever will be and one reason I am not an American citizen. I can never imagine our quaint little Island being a republic, we tried it once remember. It didn't work too well. These are different times though..........

3 comments:

Kay G. said...

Hey! So glad you're back to blogging again! That beach photo...you are so lucky to live in such a gorgeous spot!! With not being able to get out much you're not the only on who feels they don't have much to say. You should look back at blog and see my strange boring posts! LOL!!! I'm getting older but still working so I've found enough energy for my job but at the end of the day, I'm knackered. Or cream crackered, as my hubby says sometimes. Take care!!

NanaDiana said...

Glad to see you back! I can't believe how big Tristen is now. Unbelievable-he was such a cute little guy and now a cute bigger guy. It is wonderful that you were out and about (and have been here and there). I thought I would get more done under quarantine but ...oh well..
I do not like watching these 'tell-alls' about the royal family- as a matter of fact, I chose not to watch it. I think it is just sad. She has certainly stirred up a hornet's nest --that is just MY opinion, of course. xo Diana

A Brit in Tennessee said...

You always share the most lovely walks with us Janice.
I'm happy to see you posting again, I was worried as to why you fell off without a goodbye, I even sent you an email, but never heard anything. It's been a difficult year I agree, no getting out and about, and suffering from cabin fever :)
Tristen has grown so much, and such a handsome gentleman !
I'm disappointed in Harry being led like a sheep to slaughter...God Bless The Queen !
Hugs,
~Jo