Monday, March 22, 2021

Sleepless Nights..................

Sleepless nights I lay and think. That's probably why I can't sleep. I plan my garden, plan my home decorating. I think of old friends, times past.I wander down streets I used to know. Go places that no longer exist because progress has mown them down.

I sometimes tell myself stories in the hope of drifting off. Then that leads to other thoughts, what could have been what might have been but not about regrets. I don't believe in regrets. Life has purpose and meaning in the fact that we must learn lessons. So learn the lesson and move on or else one keeps learning the same thing over and over and so I move on. Just a case of wondering what if is all..............

So my garden has been replanned over and over and replanted and redesigned. Nothing much comes of it but sometimes I do hit on an idea that I do follow through.......same with the house, sometimes I get a good idea, then of course I can't sleep because I want to get it done.
Tonight Bodi is panting, she's hot, needs a hair cut. The window is wide open but its not cold out there. Gerry is under a pile of blankets and would not agree but I am with Bodi. It's getting warm. I dread the hot nights. Then a good reason not to sleep. So I come down to drink some warm milk and break the cycle. What was I thinking about, ah yes, what to do tomorrow. I finished the front porch and deck for now. Both will stay unfinished until probably May when I can get flowers. It is only March after all. Still I will get as much done as I can while the weather is mild. A head start on Spring clean up. Saw Dan today with the same idea. He was cutting dead stuff down and trimming back and thats what I will do tomorrow. I get upset because it's hard to motivate Gerry to help me and when he does he usually wrecks stuff and cuts stuff down when it should not be.
Tristen cleaned the van today, I will finish that and get it organized. Swap blankets for beach towels etc. It kept him busy and off the electronics for most of the afternoon. We have him for Spring break after this week, school is out Thursday afternoon so come Friday through the following week we must think up things to entertain and keep him busy. Hiking and drives to the beach etc.
I need to sort closets and cupboards to have a sale this year. Cut back again and again as much as I can. Make a bit of money too that will pay for my garden goods.

This year the powers that be decided to put in a side walk. That means we have to take down our fences and they will cut down a perfectly good tree. Gerry is happy. He likes cutting stuff down. One good thing though it means a new and better fence and he can cut down old straggly lilacs and honeysuckle. Needs doing and now he can be the wrecker, he will enjoy that. I wanted that garden redone anyway. One little poodle is always looking for a way out so we will have to be extra careful during all that process. Maybe if Gerry has all that to do he will forget about cutting down pine trees and other things I don't want to happen.`
So has Bodi stopped snoring? Can I get back to bed and actually sleep this time? I will give it a try or will be too tired to get anything done tomorrow............night night. I hear the mouse in the kitchen, I put some dog food out there haha, little sod, how did it know)

1 comment:

laurajane said...

Up at 3.30 am for me for work, seems you just went back to bed not long ago! I too sometimes tell myself a story to get to sleep if I am finding myself wide awake. I rarely finish the story. I don't usually have trouble getting to sleep, most nights I barely get through prayer. But there's always that odd night.