Sunday, April 18, 2021

A short walk on a Sunday afternoon.................

Into the woods today. It was chilly so I wore a coat because I had light clothes on. I am seeing so much change in our favourite spots, just too much human activity. Too many people moving here and spoiling everything. I mean the paths are wider in the woods, there are more of them and they are worn down. I see trash that never would have been there years ago and dog bags of poop, if you bag it why not dump where it's supposed to go. Better than on the trail I suppose, although not really, animals poop in the woods and it washes away. I don't know. When I go to the beach I pick up litter but I am not picking up dog poop bags.
There are lakes on either side of the trail, neither are much of anything, certainly not unspoiled. On one side it is quite pretty and I saw some Turtles.
On the other side we saw some wildfowl
Last year there were Heron and we have seen Sand Hill Cranes but hardly anything this year. There was also a Beaver den a few years ago, that too is gone. Too many curious people interfering. Such a shame.
We did see a pair of Pileated Woodpeckers We also heard them too. I got a very unclear picture (Above) but at least we saw them. Magnificent birds. It used to be a great place to see wildife but the places to catch peaks of them are dwindling. We must find some new places. We will set that goal for this year. We are exploring some new (to us) beaches too and trails. The one great thing in this area is that many landowners do will over some of their land for parks. I feel bad for the farmers who lost homesteads etc to the National Park but now, I am glad of it.
All for today we will explore more next week.

No comments: