Saturday, April 17, 2021

My frog catcher.......,

Today, Saturday, was a nice sunny day. We started off seeing a bunch of fleeing deer, ran in front of us but.........no picture that came out, at least we saw them. The next stop was the goats and there was a lady there so I stopped and asked if she minded me taking a picture. She said "sure would you like to come in and see them?" ooooooh boy did I ever. They are so sweet and gentle. Two are pregnant and I hope we will see the babies soon.
She was very nice, told me there was an eagle nest out back. We talked about the goats and she said they milk them, make cheese and soap. She has a Great Pyranese who takes care of keeping Coyote's away. She told me a great story about how she came to have the goats. We talked about her Guinea Hens I saw last week. I must meet her again. Well after stopping for coffee and snacks we went on to Bohemian Rd. After a lot of squabbling I got Gerry to drive down to the end, I want to get around to Shell Lake but it would be a hike in. We found a pond instead. Tristen is my frog catcher. He has fun when we are out.
\
After that we went to the beach he loves climbing and breaking sticks and beating down brush and making noise.
We collected some driftwood. I found some Petoskey stones. Had a good walk, he loved climbing and making a driftwood fort haha. The woods are coming alive.
I took a lot of pictures today. We stopped by Narada Lake and I saw an Eagle and a Turkey Vulture, loads of turtles.
Not great shots but at least I saw them. Then we went the back way in to Pt Oneida and saw they have cut down a whole load of trees. WHY????? They opened up the view from up there but at what expense? And again WHY?..... We saw Sandhills and Canada Geese back where we usually see them. We did walk in the fields
We had a great day I think and got a lot of exercize. As always, Tristen had more than me. He covers more ground and climbs a lot. Well tomorrow we will go for a walk at Silver Lake if the weather holds.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your pics. And I love that you took me to many of places you've taken pictures of.

Janice Kay Schaub said...

thank you for reading my posts it means a lot to me