Friday, September 13, 2019

Boardman Lake/River a short walk..................

This afternoon it turned sunny, it was windy and a little humid. It was quite warm but I figured that we could be in the shade. I just had to get outside. I needed exercise. Well the walk was certainly enough I was knackered by the time we were done. We wanted to see if the work was finished by the river. They took out the dam and it changed the course of the river. Back to how it was originally. So we started off at the welcome center gardens. Not a lot going on but some nice bee's buzzing around. I love taking pictures of Bee's I like to take a picture and then scrutinize it by enlarging to see what is hidden.



There were not too many flowers left blooming and I needed to get into the shade. We went first to the lookout and could see the vast meadows that were left now the water is gone.

Then the trail goes through the woods and onto boardwalks in the soggy spots.



Still a few wild Asters and stuff hanging on.





One thing we were very surprised to see Tadpoles. Um, it's September.........

Anyway, along this trail is a new set of steps leading down to the river, we were just too tired this time. SO will go back on a cooler day.

There is some nice berry bushes throughout.

They also put up a few new signs, did not spot anything this day, not a thing.


Also turtles but not even a bird. Just the Bees. Lots of nice habitat though and thats how it should be.


I had intended to sit on a bench and wait to see birds but was way too thirsty so we got right back to the car where I had water and then headed home. We spent about an hour there on that trail. All along the Boardman are trails,and although we have explored many of them, it's all different now since the Dam came out. So lots of nice walking to be had this Autumn and so close to home. Looking to do most of them this Autumn. I have to say I am finding it more difficult walking in the woods with uneven trails but hey, will carry on as long as I can.



No comments: