Sunday, September 15, 2019

September weekend............

This weekend I managed to get in a bit more exercise. We had gone for a walk on Friday (prev post) and as Saturday began with bright blue sky and being quite cool we thought a drive was in order. On the way to Suttons Bay I remembered to stop in time to see the "Bears Den" on the way. It was new to me so wanted to check it out.



They had all kinds of cute things. I bought a Rooster who is going in the garden next year but for now resides in my kitchen.
From there we went through Lake Leelanau and stopped at Peddling Beans for a cookie. On to Port Oneida. Our goal was the Dunes drive up being as the sky was so blue. Anyway.....our usual boardwalk showed that the Turtles were out in force sunny themselves. Making the most of the sunny day. Nothing else was around. No birds or beasts.

I counted 10 turtles in one area. There were a few Monarchs still fluttering around and loads of Bee's one Bee objected to the Butterfly and dive bombed it.



From there we did a whip around the main road to Port Oneida and again saw nothing, we went down to the beach because ooooooh there was no one there. The water was rough and its was a bit windy. Boy getting back up the stairs oh boy I need to do that more often. Out of breath. Phew.



we came back up from the beach and were remarking that the Sandhills were gone but low and behold just as we said that we saw them. They flew away. They were really close to the road. On the way back we saw the family of 3 over in another field, guess we just missed them on the way in.

Nothing else going on there, so we headed straight for the Drive up Dunes. Oh my, why the heck don't people just go home for goodness sake. It was windy up there, I had wanted to go out on the bluff for pictures but we would have got sand blasted and in any case the parking lot was over flowing so we skipped that one. Took some pictures and headed home. We will try again when every one goes home.




We also missed taking shots across the Aligator lookout over Glen Lake. So on the way back we stopped at the spot off the road called Inspiration point and took a few pictures. NO boats, amazing and calm waters.



So I was not ready to go home through Empire so we took the back roads as I like to, I have some favourite roads. I was glad that we did because we saw a hawk. Bloody thing would not cooperate but I got some hazy pictures.



Later on we found these guys. I love the warning sign see the little guy getting tossed. Haha......Well I went up to the fence and got some nice pictures.
Sooooo cute.

i had to get closer and I talked to him and told him how pretty he was, what a pussycat. At least with me this side of his fence haha.





We finally got home. We were starving.

1 comment:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

These times you spend with Tristen are priceless, creating memories and planting seeds into his young life.
I'm sure he enjoys being with you both, and enjoying his fun-filled days.
Thank you for sharing those beautiful pictures of your time together.
Hugs,
~Jo