Saturday, March 14, 2020

Cold and Windy but hey ho off we go........


We would have preferred a nice sunny day but we have to work with what comes up. We decided to take the usual route. Gerry actually suggested lunch in Leland WOW.....that's new. This remains one of the things we can do under the circumstances. This new strain of flu, or whatever it is requires staying away from people. A good walk on a cold beach is good for the health right.
So we started off back roads, to avoid traffic( so we can drive slow).... we didn't see much.We went into Suttons Bay but didn't see anything. Next stop The Samaritan's Closet in Lake Leelanau. I found a few good things. Not shown but I got a nice pair of white pants also.




I asked if we should get coffee and a snack but that's when he suggested Trishes dishes in Leland. We got soup and half a sandwich. They make wonderful Tomato Basil soup. The cherry chicken salad I chose was great. Outside Daffodils popping through?



It was really cold when I got out of the car in Suttons Bay and so it was no thanks to the beach. We didn't really stop until we got to our lake. (Narada Lake) We figured we couldn't get onto the boardwalk so pulled in at the farm house and barn.





I walked back to the lake itself and low and behold two eagles eating on the frozen lake. I watched for a long time. Fascinating.


Unfortunately I also picked up a Tick, been itching ever since. I am glad I saw it before it got hungry. Later found another. I have never ever seen a tick after being out in the woods or anywhere for that matter. I took a shower right away when I got home.Meanwhile after sitting watching the Eagles for awhile we headed into Empire in the hope of seeing Deer. On the way we did go down Port Oneida road to check the Beaver activity. The Sand Hill Cranes are back and hanging out with the Canada Geese. Also saw a hawk hovering and managed to see him perched in a tree. I missed the shot but got him leaving.




We stopped to check on the little lake by the Dunes and saw that the Swans are nesting.



So next we took the back road into Empire in search of deer.



On the back road into Suttons Bay we found a place with some very cute goats.



We took loads of Eagle pictures. My camera is still not as good as my old one was. I must find a new one that works as well as that one did, meanwhile we hope for a sunny day sometime soon and I think I will check out North Bar and maybe Esch Rd beach. The road to Good Harbour should be open soon.

No comments: