Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Mondays day out, March.......

March winds. That's how it's been. Monday was not as cold as it has been but without the snow it seems much colder somehow. We stopped in Suttons Bay but nothing to see except for some Seagulls. How do those things stay so beautiful and white.



We offered some crackers as we sat and watched them. They are beautiful birds, very noisy and squabbly. For the fact that they dumpster dive and get into all kinds of garbage, how do they stay so clean.

Well we started off along the back road as usual, saw nothing to speak of. I did remember to stop to take a picture of the old school house. I always remember when we are past it.


I am doing my family history, when I look at the dates of some of these things, I realise that my family was just farm hands been there generations, and here far away, people were just settling these lands. I think what it must have been like back then, so beautiful with just the Indians. Then the loggers came and farmers and it would never recover.
Good Harbour



We checked on the cows we often pass, I love cows.We went on and passed Narada Lake, frozen still and nothing happening




Then we stopped by Port Oneida to check on the Beavers and whatever else we could see. Now Beavers are nocturnal so little hope of seeing them. We could see the activity though, more every time we go by. Looks like the Canadians are getting ready to nest. Joined by some Mallards. The Sand Cranes were far off. I think I can safely say I have enough pictures of Sand Hills.







Gerry hurt his knee getting down onto the beach so we didn't linger. We headed for Empire to check out the deer. No one around. One crossed our path to go get a drink in the river passing through Glen Arbor, but that was the only one we saw this day. We did see the swans on Glen Lake. So took a shot of them. I also saw a lot of Woodpecker activity. I like how they work a tree down and a pile of shavings at the base.




Nothing going on so headed home. Funny how most roads are clear and then you come upon ome thats covered in snow. Shows the snow belts.

So home for that day and probably for some time to come judging by the quarantine that has been set.

No comments: