Tuesday, March 3, 2020

March comes in like a Lamb.................

Monday came all sunshine and pretty clouds. So, why stay home as all we have to do is housework. I am learning.....it can wait. No one but me cares so why bother right. Today is Tuesday and the Poodles are at the cleaners hahahaha......they have an appointment with Auntie Brenda at Brenda's Pet Parlour. They are not happy but we got our shopping done and I vacuumed and tidied up. That's enough for today or at least for now. So on Monday we headed in the usual direction. Back road to Suttons Bay and on to Lake Leelanau. We stopped at The Peddling Beans for a snack and I got a cherry mocha. I didn't like it but Gerry drank it. I have to say that from now on I won't give Gerry his snack until we stop somewhere. With food on his mind he doesn't watch for "stuff". We missed some Turkey's and a Pilliated woodpecker.............he's banned from eating while driving.
We first went to North Beach in Leland. The ice is pretty much off the beach, that surprised me.
On the way we saw pretty clouds and I love this old cow/bull




North Beach Leland. Funny thing, the Whaleback looks much closer from here, yet on the other side of the Harbour where we go at Van's Beach it looks so much further away.




I just about killed myself, I walked to the far end to get pictures of ice, but picked up so many Petoskey stones it felt like an added 10 pounds walking back. Yes I needed the exercise for sure.



After that ordeal, we headed towards Glen Arbor but saw some wind sailors on Lake Leelanau. It was hard to get a picture

We had no luck this day until we reached Port Oneida. We stopped to see what the Beavers had been up to. Lots of new stuff on their lodge. Pretty soon there wont be any trees left, but thats what they do. There were deer up in the field but I didn't get a clear shot. Then at the end getting back onto M22 I did get some shots of deer up on the back hills, frolicking and eating last years bits and bobs.



I also remembered to stop to get a picture of this stone we have passed so many times.

We hang out around this area a lot and I have come to know some of the history. So many small original towns are all gone now. We saw these girls closer to the road and eating just above the snow line. I must say the deer all look so healthy. I can't wait to see babies.



We didn't see much else on our travels having missed a few things. Ahem!.......Gerry.......we did go down to get a shot from Glen Arbor of the beach but I was too whupped to walk far. Had enough for one day. North Beach wore me out. People on the Dune climb but Glen Lake empty.




On to Empire through the back roads. Hoped to see more deer and found these few, and surprisingly the only ones around this day.




We drove down to the beach. Calmer this day. The ice looked for all the world like Meringue.



We headed home quite early but still we stopped at the Hay Loft for a burrito. It was only around 3pm so it was lunch menu, the burrito was a bit smaller than usual for some reason, so we ate the whole thing and it was good............

No comments: