Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Travel companions..............

In 2012 my son took me to England for 9 days. We went in August. My cousin Jennifer who lives in Australia is going to London for a week this year. She asked if I would go. Jason and I discussed it but I feel its too soon. I really need to pay off some bills. This has unsettled me though. I long to go home.
105_0412 photo 105_0412-1.jpg
So I have been thinking. I talked with Jason because we were going to try to go this year. We decided we would try for 2015 but for him its not a positive thing. Well my daughters friend Laura (who we call cousin Laura) heard that I had said I want to try to go every 18 months. She wants to go too. So............I will be talking to her soon. She also wants to go to Italy, her husband does not. So I think we may sort something out. If I am really good this year and pay off some bills like I planned, well then I can borrow some of my retirement savings for a nice trip like that. My husband is not keen on a cruise.
 photo 458e9927-88ed-416b-9e97-0fb79a8befed_zpsfc5ac723.jpg
So with this in mind I now have two travel companion possibilities. All I need is money. I was looking at a brochure that came in the mail and I chose 2 trips. One is England and Ireland, it goes into Wales and Scotland and that would be terrific. I know both Laura and Jason would like that one. The other would have to be Laura as Jason has been to Italy and wants to go to places I do not. Now to save, to plan and plot. I figure after I do those two trips, Tristen will be a bit older and Gerry will get his passport. I would love to take Tristen to England but he is just too young yet. None of us would enjoy it. SO, this will be a major challenge.
AldburyPond photo AldburyPond-1.jpg
The good thing about the British trip is that there is one full day of free time in London. I could meet up with my aunt and cousins on that day. So..........I will be showing this to Laura and Jason and see what we can come up with. I really really want to spend more time in England. I also want to see other countries so I will write a list and come up with some plans. It as always will depend on the economy and so many other things. Still its a goal and we all need to have goals right?

5 comments:

Martha said...

Traveling is always fun and a big trip is always fun to look forward to. I yearn to go back to England, too. Last year, we spent a month in Italy -- and that was fun!

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

I would love to see England, Scotland, Ireland & Wales as my family is from those areas. Since I no longer can fly (health reasons) I live vicariously through my friends :) I will be looking forward to photos from your trip when you do go!

lousnewsandcraftycreations said...

If you can do this year my friend then do it.You never know what is round the corner or how long your health will hold out.
I am saving madly to go to Australia to see my daughter.
Hopefully this year.xx

Magic Love Crow said...

This is so exciting Janice! I really hope everything works out ;o)
Just to let you know, I am following your poem blog now by e-mail ;o)
Big Hugs ;o)

NanaDiana said...

Oh- I hope you can work it out to go,Janice. What a wonderful opportunity and to have a choice of two traveling companions. I hope it happens for you- xo Diana