Wednesday, January 25, 2012

English winter views...........

Photobucket

English winter views....There is something about a church and an English village scene, its so calming. I want to walk across the field and see my breath in the air. My feet will be cold because I never wear socks, but this picture makes me want to do it. Walk towards the church and go inside. It will be cold in there, more cold than outside most likely. I love the old churches, there is something Holy about them. Most were build with reverence and the labour dedicated to God. They have lasted hundreds of years and will last for hundreds more.

Photobucket



Photobucket

I found this watercolour on photobucket and kept it because it is something I aspire to. I love the way the painter has done this scene. I do not know who it is though or would give credit.I love the trees, the sky and the colours of evening.
Photobucket


Photobucket


Another watercolour that I like, I love the trees in this one too. Again, no artist to credit but I love the work. The feel of a small village as people walk out in the evening when the street lights come on. Neighbours saying hello and dogs eager to walk out in the fresh air.
Photobucket

Whadden Church Buckinghamshire. Shows how scenic the snow scenes can be in England. I believe this was a Christmas card, I got it from Whadden web site.
Photobucket

(pictures from photobucket, I do not know the source)

No comments: