Monday, September 18, 2017

Tristen's weekend, September......................................

We don't get to see Tristen so much anymore, I am not sure why except that they keep him busy. That's good in some ways. Dan told him that whatever he does he does it because it's for his best interests. He said he promised his mother when she died. Well...........that's not what I heard. Laura was with her and she says Alex told HER to take care of Tristen. So, what happened? Neither of them took Tristen. I did. Maybe a baby was too much trouble? Now he is a little boy I guess I am chopped liver. Sigh!!!
So when Tristen does come over we try to do what he would like to do. First off he always takes a bath, he only gets showers over there (so he says) and he likes to play. He asked if we could go for a walk and we set that up for Sunday morning early because it was way too hot by then. His birthday is coming up on the 23rd next Saturday so we knew we would not see him and so we did his birthday this weekend just the 3 of us.He and "daddy" Gerry went shopping to Meijers to get what he wanted for supper and cake and ice cream'
 photo 20170916_171532_zpsd3tatcl5.jpg
 photo 20170916_171507_zpsshnbtlfm.jpg
 photo 20170916_171455_zpshtopactm.jpg
Saturday was a nice day and when they came back they sat out in the garden so that Tristen could play with his new nerf gun.
 photo 20170916_150946_zpsn9ivo20n.jpg
 photo 20170916_150933_zpsasrok6xg.jpg
He enjoyed feeding the fish
 photo 20170916_151238_zpsscbgef5r.jpg
 photo 20170916_151255_zps1rfhr8yi.jpg
Isn't he cute?
 photo 20170916_171455_zpshtopactm.jpg
So bright and early Sunday morning he was ready to go for his walk. He wanted to explore the trails over by Twin lakes. He didn't even bother with the park itself.
We walked along the trail I took the kids the other week and then walked back on the rest of that trail. It's short and really a lovely walk in the woods. Maybe next time we will climb the hill up to the fields and see whats up there.
 photo 101_0240_zpsmcqkh1g8.jpg
He took is Kindle with him, we now have to figure out how to get the photos off that device.
 photo 101_0238_zps2qawvrud.jpg
We have so many pictures of us all in the woods over the years from the time he was a tiny tot. It's hard to believe he is 8 now.
 photo 101_0227_zpsm4qfwenw.jpg
He is growing so fast. I try hard not to say anything negative about his situation. After all they do what they think is best. We miss him so much but know he has more than we can give him living with them.
 photo 101_0225_zpsu6hr7n6k.jpg
We will always be a lovely memory for him when he gets bigger. I don't want to say or do anything to change that.
 photo 101_0218_zpsx0boxmyo.jpg
 photo 101_0234_zpstnajrpfi.jpg
When we had done with our walk, the next stop was Books A Million where he was able to choose a book and a lego to go with his birthday gift.
 photo 20170917_103243_zpsajiavug3.jpg
 photo 20170917_103306_zpsdurkjymn.jpg
Right next door to Toys R Us and yet he could not find anything he wanted haha.......had already been there once the day before. That's where he got his smurf gun. It was nice to see that he is not greedy or takes advantage. I thought that was great and told him so. I was proud of him. So we went home so that we could spend the rest of the day playing with his stuff. He wanted another bath when he got in. Funny thing was on the way home, we had been in the car 5 mins and he nodded off.
 photo 20170917_105859_zpsytdimft4.jpg
Look at those eyelashes.
 photo 20170917_105926_zps2joborm1.jpg
We got home and had to let him sleep for a bit but after awhile I sent Gerry to get him and he came and snuggled up on the couch with me and slept for another hour.
 photo 20170917_113846_zps3ra25ngb.jpg
I really loved our snuggle, reminded of me of my days of snuggling with Baby Tristen. This wont happen very often now he is getting so big. It was great for me, even though my legs went to sleep haha. I miss baby Tristen but love the little person he is becoming.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Janice Raymen What a very special blog bought tears to my eyes as I can see you and Gerry have so much love for Tristen xx

Janice Kay Schaub said...

Janice Raymen What a very special blog bought tears to my eyes as I can see you and Gerry have so much love for Tristen xx

Kay G. said...

OH, he is getting so big and he is indeed very handsome. I am glad he sent to sleep so we could see his long eyelashes.
I know you must miss him but you can see how much he loves you and vice/versa...that will NEVER change! x

Magic Love Crow said...

He loves you both so much!!! He is the person he is, because of you two!! He is growing into a beautiful person! I love his eyes and eyelashes! Big Hugs!