Friday, October 20, 2017

Sunny windy day in the woods.................................

Today was just too nice to stay inside. gabby was feeling a bit better and Cooper too. So forget the housework and everything else I should be doing and off we go.
The leaves are not at a peak, nowhere near. Still I got a few good shots.
 photo 102_0071j_zpsj1kz06k3.jpg
That was probably one of the only coloured trees on the lake but it certainly makes a nice picture. I had to be selective and crop the rest out
 photo 102_0070k_zpsmqkzhqra.jpg
We were glad to be out in the fresh air and get our lungs cleaned out.
 photo 102_0078k_zpstctjg0tb.jpg
 photo 102_0080_zpscxzyfwf1.jpg
I wonder how many people walk in the woods but do not really SEE? I doubt the little ones will remember but I try to explain. The circle of life. Why do the trees die in Winter. Well, they don't they shed their leaves and nuts so that the animals have food and stuff to make houses for Winter. Then what they don't eat grows a new tree, pointing to a small baby Oak tree.
 photo 102_0066_zpssefkqzji.jpg
 photo 102_0061_zpsmzwytumh.jpg
The thing is things must die so others can live but in all things, it is not the end. The next season comes and covers it all in snow and the earth sleeps, rests and the little bugs break it all down to enrich the earth. Then the Spring always comes and new life comes from the old.
 photo 102_0081_zpsg5n81qeb.jpg
 photo 102_0083_zpseixm9gi9.jpg
Besides, the seeds are beautiful all of their own accord
 photo 102_0088_zpswuii5d4u.jpg
 photo 102_0097m_zpszyzml7ab.jpg
 photo 102_0096_zpskwubdfwd.jpg
It was hard going, we have not been walking in awhile. This cough has dragged us all down. Cooper has a sinus infection and Gabby is hacking her lungs up. Me and Gerry are still coughing but I think its allergies. I have missed going out. The weather is so nice I just had to get out. It is supposed to be nice for the rest of the weekend and next week lower temps. Maybe I can work in the yard but I still have a lot to do in the house. I bought a new carpet shampooer. Every room needs doing.
 photo 102_0095_zpsvdetuqhr.jpg
Not much in the way of wildlife, one lonely duck but then we didn't travel far. Just the Silver lake park.
 photo 102_0094k_zpsif5trlu7.jpg
 photo 102_0093_zpsclfs6h0h.jpg
The Beavers have left, no surprise, just way too busy at this lake. I miss seeing them, wonder where they went.
 photo 102_0087_zps8hlqpjku.jpg
I should take a ride out to Port Oneida and see how that little guy is doing. He has flooded one of the roads and the park just closed the road, so he gets to stay and change the landscape.
 photo 102_0086_zpse9rchmyg.jpg
Well, it wasn't a long walk, just about enough for Cooper. He was tired. Starting to complain. When I think how far Tristen and Reina used to walk, we would go for miles at Coopers age. (He is 4) Well I better get walking again or next year will be even harder. Several weeks now I had not been feeling well. A bit better now but really not a lot of time left for this year, but if it stays nice like this who knows.
I love the seed pods and the fall colours so I really do hope we can have a while longer to enjoy it.
 photo 102_0059d_zpsimtxjocu.jpg
 photo 102_0058a_zpscvej3rpx.jpg
 photo 102_0063_zpshiqdiefx.jpg
Well thats it for today.............hoping for a good weekend.

2 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Beautiful pictures, fall is making a show !
Hope you feel better soon.
Hugs,
~Jo

Magic Love Crow said...

Such a wonderful day! Loved all the gorgeous pictures!!! Hope everyone is feeling better soon! Big Hugs!