Tuesday, December 26, 2017

The Day After Christmas.......................

So today should be Boxing Day but it's not. It is a regular back to work day and Christmas is gone for another year.
The whole reason for Christmas gets lost and forgotten.
 photo 035 5_zpsfmuio6ds.jpg

I didn't put up decorations this year, I really missed them. It just did not seem like Christmas. I know they have absolutely nothing to do with the reason for the season but............it does give me something to focus on. Besides I love the glitter and the gold and twinkles and all that. I am sure Gerry will soon enough turn off the outside lights. We got snow again last night and it looks like a winter wonderland outside. The sun is shining and everything shines.
ChristmasEveCandlelightService photo ChristmasEveCandlelightService-1.jpg

My cousin Robin is very ill, he has little time left on this earth. He has been a dear friend and selflessly aided my Mother after my Dad died. He was there for her (and so for me) when she was ill. He cooked and baked for both funerals. I didn't spend any time with him as a child because he was a little older than me and away in the Navy for most of my adult life. When he returned it was to a house on Bidwell Hill, he moved a couple of times up there and ended up across the road from my parents. That was very handy for them both as he always had a hard time sleeping and so did she. He would go over during those nights when he saw her light on and make a cup of tea.
 photo 220px-Christmas_tree_bauble.jpg
Well, I have been talking to Carole today, his daughter. She lives in Spain but is there for a few days now. She is caring for him best she can. This is going to be hard on all of them.
It made me think............the way I believe is that if you are a Christian, then you have been saved and will spend eternity with God. That is the whole reason for Christmas. Christ came to die for us. He came to save those who would believe in HIM. I pray now that during this time, in Robins last days that his children and family come to know the God I know. If they do not already. That ensures that we will all be together again some day. God is good and I ask Him now to save my cousin, He promises that prayer will always be answered.
 photo Christmas-Eve-2012.jpg
I told Carole to tell Robin to say hello to Auntie Annie who most surely will be there and I know my Dad is. Carole thought that was a comforting thought. I told her that Christmas is the whole reason that we can believe that, Christ came to save us from our sin. He lived a perfect life where we can not. He was the perfect gift of love and sacrifice. All we need to do is accept that gift. We don't have to understand it we just have to accept it. I do.
 photo images.jpg
So it comes to us all. Life is short. But long enough when we get it right. A journey, a lesson of growth as a spiritual being and as a human soul. We take nothing with us when we die, only that love and what we have learned while here on earth. Where we go and what is beyond is a mystery to us although we do get glimpses of it if we read enough of the bible. We really need the Holy Spirit to understand that though and I often wonder if it holds different things for different people. I see death as an adventure and not as a threat or anything to fear. If I am wrong well I won't ever know will I?
 photo christmas-tree-823628.jpg
Robin has that same spirit as was in my Dad, it reflected in the twinkle in his eyes. My Dad's eyes, the mischief and quirky sense of humour, his giggle. I love my cousin and he knows it. I will see him again some day not on this earth maybe but in a better place.

2 comments:

Kay G. said...

Beautiful post and I know you are praying for your cousin and all who love him. x

Magic Love Crow said...

Life is so short! A beautiful post my friend! Sending prayers for your cousin! Big Hugs!