Sunday, May 16, 2021

A couple of trips out in the county..............

We took a drive out on Tuesday and it turned out quite nice. Nothing special but as always it's nice to get in some exercize. We drove up around one of the old farmhouses in the SBNS, there are many. This on had to be a beauty in it's day.
I do hope they will always manage to keep the old places up. We stopped at the usual places along the way, it never gets old.
We had stopped at the Samarians Closet on our way through Lake Leelanau and I usually find a few things, I love looking in there. We love Narada Lake with its Turtles and if we are lucky we see the Muskrat. I found his house. He is always busy. There are a variety of wild fowl living there and if we are lucky we see the Eagles.
On Saturday we took Tristen out with us and visited some friends. What a lovely couple Donna and Kim, and they had made scones and blueberry muffins and coffee to die for. Kim is an expert wood worker and gifted me with an adorable box in the form of an acorn and Donna gave ne a hand woven rug. Such generosity. I adore them. Tristen was not in a socialble mood so we went on to wards home in a backwards direction from normal. We went and checked out a beach we found last year. Sunset Beach. More beach now than when we first saw it, it was very alive with bugs so we didn;t linger.
We stopped again at Narada Lake but even though I saw the Muskrat I couldn't get a picture he was too busy. On the way home we saw Turkeys displaying and chasing after the Ladies, after that we went to Port Oneida where we saw baby Canada Geese. The Sandhills were not around
I guess it was nothing special but everything is interesting and so I enjoy our rides in the country. The deer are staying in the woods apparently because its been awhile since we saw any. Maybe next time

3 comments:

Kay G. said...

Oh my, it still looks a bit like winter where you are but I adore your photos. I have seen wild turkeys but I have never seen them displaying! Your couple that you visited and gave you those lovely gifts and had great coffee with blueberry muffins, what wonderful friends!!

Ria said...

Busy birds

Spin Palace said...

Thanks for your enthusiasm and energy in writing this blog