Sunday, November 25, 2012

Goodbye Chewy........................

1chew
In Memory of Chewbacca "Chewy" Schaub
November 21 in Serenity Animal Hospital My baby was sadly put down today to ease his suffering. He was a loyal and loving friend for more than 10 years. I will miss his little nose kisses and hugs at all the right times. He was a gentle kitty and in his later years was very accepting of strangers. He was a very proud kitty and loved to keep his coat immaculate. Sadly in his last month he hasn't been able to keep himself clean. I don't believe in a pet afterlife but it was an honor to be his "daddy" for the brief time we had together......Jason chewanddex chewy and Dexter in happier times. I am not really a cat person. I prefer Poodles. I am an all animal lover though and there have been a few extraordinary cats in my life who I adored. Chewy was one of them. He was not sick for very long, but it was a tumor that could not be treated. Jason decided to get another cat so that Dexter would not be lonely and I suspect for him too. Chewy was the love of his life much like Buttons was for me. Well it didn't take long to find 3 cats who may be suitable companions for Dexter. One was named Alec, but Jason could not find him. The other a kitten and with the holidays coming up he decided against a kitten. Cole was his final choice. He is a 7 year old and very much like Chewy. A beauty of a cat. colejason-1 At seven it may have been difficult to find him a good home so I was happy Jason chose him. He took him home and he is settling in. I think Dexter is a little confused because he looks like Chewy but hmmmmmmm does not smell like Chewy. coledex There has been no swatting or hissing so far and Cole is exploring Jason's home. Dexter wants to play. Cole found the cat nip. colecatnip So here's wishing a very long and happy life to Cole. The newest member of our family.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so very sorry for your loss, its such a wonderful gift we can give our beloved pets, the ending of their pain, I have been in this position and i know how it hurts, my heart goes out to you, take care, what a beautifully handsome cat,

Noelle the dreamer said...

How we miss them!! My thoughts and prayers are with you as each and everyone of them are part of our families!
How sweet of you to chose one who might just never have been so blessed (and a lovely one too!)
I think Chewy would have agreed on your choice!
All the best and thank you for sharing,

Tracey FK said...

So very sorry for the loss of your fur baby... they are such a huge part of our lives and give us so much... sending my thoughts your way ...xx

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

I am so sorry for your loss. What a handsome kitty he was!

This is one of my favorites - from Rainbow Bridge dot com, author anonymous:


Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance.

His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Magic Love Crow said...

I am sorry for the loss of your cat. I had to put down my cat a few years ago. I was blessed to have him for 18 years! I am happy you found a new cat and I wish him all the best ;o)

NanaDiana said...

Oh- It is so hard to lose a pet-especially at Holiday time. God bless...and you know Chewy is out of pain now and beyond suffering- xo Diana