Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Dreams....................

What are dreams?
 photo Ill-See-You-In-My-Dreams4_zpsdurzjfuw.jpg
I dreamed of Joe last night. We were probably at the Airman's Club at Chicksands. I was married to Gerry but Joe was there. I find that a lot of dreams are about emotions and feelings rather than words. I am not sure what the dream was about now but I know I was trying to help Joe. It took place in England and partly at my parents home. In fact we were trying to buy it, Gerry and I that is. I have dreamed a lot about going home lately. Must be some underlying need to go back. In my dream Joe was still a part of my life and I was worried about him.
Anyway, regarding Joe. I know that recently he has dealt with cancer, so now I am wondering how he is. I seem to have this thing about dreaming about friends who are either having health or personal problems. Usually something is wrong.
Joe on the left with Gerry on right. ( I can't find Joe on Facebook now)
 photo Joe and Gerry_zpsibge271d.jpg
I got in touch with an old friend, Pat, a while ago because for some reason I dreamed of him. Had not really thought about him in awhile. So PM'd him. He was going through a difficult patch so we were able to chat and catch up. That happens sometimes, I get a feeling someone is in trouble somehow. I used to dream of Graham (Laura's father) often before he showed up or phoned or wrote for some reason.
A few nights ago I dreamed of a girl friend I knew at my very first job, why all of a sudden did she come to my mind. Maybe it's an age thing, our mind goes over the past and all the people we once knew. Are they still living? I really don't like loosing touch with people.
 photo dreams_zpspcj5x4be.jpg
So really? What are dreams? I don't think anyone has a good explanation do you?
I have read stories where people say that you actually do meet these people from your dreams on a different plane of existence. If that were true would they not be dreaming of you at the same time? I can't really buy into that theory. I do think there may be another realm though. Not sure how to explain that.
They say certain things in dreams have meaning. Again I can not buy into that one. To interpret dreams, is that a hoax?
 photo interpretingdreams_zps9ve44jjo.jpg
However, in the Bible dreams were used by God to send messages to people He was working with. When Joseph was in Egypt he was used by God to give dream interpretations to the Pharaoh. I suppose it is still possible that could happen, but I think you would not have any doubt about what it was you were dreaming. If it comes from God it would be clear and not be misunderstood. I do know that sometimes I get some ideas and direction from things I dream about. You know, I wake up thinking wow that's a good idea.
However, my dreams are usually mundane.
 photo dream_zps6imfuhcu.jpg
I way too often dream about work and people I knew at work and who are now deceased. In fact two of my friends who are deceased often show up in my dreams. So either I have a need for people to populate my dreams and my current availability of friends is so limited that I have to populate my dreams with those who have passed, or my friends who are gone want to stay in touch. I dream about work a lot, even though I have been retired from work for many years. Do I miss work? No, I don't. I do miss the people on occasion but not THAT much. Usually when I dream about work I am doing things that I did in real life but I am "catching up" because I am way behind. Well I would be after so many years right.
 photo ce6c96a7-db18-4b38-a8e7-e482adf7a81c_zpspsrzi1ob.jpg
Some dreams are fantastic. I can fly, I can swim under water. A wonderful feeling of freedom when I can fly. Is that something we will be able to do in the life to come?
Most dreams I can trace back to waking moments, things happen and show up in my dreams. I often dream of pets who are now gone.
I have dreamed of my horse Lady, and we can talk to each other in those dreams. One I remember she was riding in my car as a passenger and had her legs crossed like a person would. We were talking. I think that comes out as I treat my animals as people and so when they show up in dreams they are acting like people.
I dream of my poodles who are gone and in my dreams I have lost them somehow and spend my time looking for them.
 photo pastel_dreams_wallpaper_by_emerald_depths-d7ghep2_zpsvy6yynqa.png
Well anyway, just a few thoughts here, I was just wondering why I dreamed of Joe...........I hope he is OK. He married a girl from Luton back in the day. What a shame she came all this way to the US and died. Must have been terrible for her family. Joe remarried and moved to Arizona I think. Anyway, I must see if I can look him up and see if he is doing OK. I wont get in touch, just have a look. I will always care about him, and it was so nice to see the young man he once was, if only in my dreams. We are all old now........so sad. .

4 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Hi Janice, just now catching up with you, and was quite mesmerized by your blog posts and your early years in growing up and relationships.
You certainly are a strong lady, to have endured moving away to London at such an early age, and then to become an unwed mother, when back in 'those' days it truly was an unspoken event. I so admire you for keeping your daughter, and making a life for you both. I lived in Liverpool when I was attending banking college at Midland Bank, it was quite the experience, going to the Cavern Club and watching the Beatles in those early years.
I dream of people I once knew and loved.....often. I hope they know it, and reciprocate in their dreams :)
Hugs,
~Jo

A Brit in Tennessee said...

PS. My best friend here in TN is married to a lad from Alabama, who was stationed at Chicksands :)
~Jo

LV said...

I wish I understood why you dream certain things. I dream so often most of them I have gone somewhere and cannot get back.

Magic Love Crow said...

I hope Jo is ok! I do feel our dreams are trying to tell us things. Big Hugs!