Friday, January 19, 2018

Cabin Fever............................

Is it a real thing? Oh yes, it is. Anyone who lives in the Great White North can tell you. Well, maybe those of us who do not like to drive in snow and ice. I actually like the snow, it's beautiful. I Like the change of seasons and could not live in heat. Or with the nasty critters who live there too. They have more right than me so are most welcome to it.
At any rate, I had not seen Edna for several weeks due to the roads, wind and snow. She does not live that far away but at 80 (this year) she has to be careful. Well we finally got together. I hate to drive when the roads are white because I can not see well enough to negotiate snow banks and other drivers who slip and slide and so I stay inside.
 photo 20180117_105118_zpsbasgpbxd.jpg
Edna needed to go to Aldi's and so did I, but someone had told her about a place out near Elk Rapids that had good Cider. So off we went.
I photo 20180117_105424_zps3bp2f5yc.jpg love how the fields look in the snow. It is actually not that deep out there. I was so worried about the deer and animals this winter. In my garden the snow was over 3 foot deep. I guess the winds kept it off the fields and the woods looked OK too.
 photo 20180117_105127_zps0s4imwjf.jpg
We didn't find it but took a swing out towards Elk Rapids so as we were on the way anyway, that's where we ended up. Oh how nice to get out. The sky was gorgeous and my pictures do it no justice. I used my phone, I love these old barns.
 photo 117ffc57-5932-4412-94da-a3d4cfd66759_zpsjm4uagrb.jpg
So we did not find the farm with the cider, but as we were by then almost at Elk Rapids we took a spin through the town. How different in Winter with no tourists.
 photo 20180117_110035_zpsgvi17lz2.jpg
 photo 20180117_110046_zpsmm6mgg78.jpg
 photo 20180117_110202_zpskdqatmqh.jpg
The sky was beautiful, as I say, my camera didn't catch the lavender and and pretty blues of the sky. The water was lovely too.
We didn't get out because the next stop was Rene's House of Quilting. Edna had wanted something from there. I had not seen it since she expanded. They did an awesome job and it is always a pleasure to go there. I was very good. I didn't buy a thing. I am in the drawing and painting mode at the moment, not quilting.
 photo 10428705_1553069081649278_3268514282920385008_n_zpskawzk8m1.jpg
We were there a little while because it is always fun to look. We went to lunch after that and I had fish but was eyeing Edna;s burger and fries. Still the fish was good. I figured as we were out and she didn't mind, I would go to Michaels. I needed some magnets to make some refrigerator magnets.
 photo 20180114_162025_zpsdsmmifql.jpg
Found some as well as a few other things naturally but escaped without too much damage. Then it was time to go to Aldi's, we did our shopping and then went home. How nice it was to get out and visit with a good friend.
Sharing with Make it Blue Friday

3 comments:

Magic Love Crow said...

A very fun day! Love the water photos! Big Hugs!

Teri said...

Love your blog Janice. Felt like I was sitting here chatting with you. Nice photos also. I feel the same about barns, so interesting.

Teri said...

Haha, I can tell I rarely use blogger, I haven’t seen that picture in a long time lol