Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Tristen's bedroom change............................

Last time Tristen was over he wanted to paint his bedroom, woo hooo. I am not sure I would have gotten Gerry around to doing it any time soon. I had all the books and stuff from Laura's house to find a place to keep until I can get my garage sale next year. I packed as much as possible in the closet in Alex room, just don't open the door. I had to move the desk out of Tristen's room onto the landing and still nowhere to put the rocking chair. I will certainly have to get rid of a lot of things next year.
 photo 20180101_111247_zpskdyx052d.jpg
I think Tristen had fun even if Gerry did not but at least it got done.
Then they had to clean off the car and shovel some snow
 photo 20180101_142453_zpsyoi94a76.jpg
I think he was tired by the time he went home
 photo 20180101_170832 1_zps8yruhojx.jpg
Anyway, after that I was able to get that room finished. Almost..........
 photo 20180115_163106_zpsvevwsf21.jpg
I have a few more pictures to hang and some plates I want on the wall.
 photo 20180115_163116_zpsfnjgv5on.jpg
Although it does not really fit in, I put the blanket my Mum knitted on the end of the bed.
 photo 20180115_163120_zps5wkstufo.jpg
I moved the desk from the room downstairs up to his room, it has already been damaged unfortunately
 photo 20180115_163124_zpsy5mzpaxf.jpg
I bought a regular record player for all my records and put it in that room
I did manage to get the books on the shelves, some day I will put them in some kind of order.
 photo 20180115_163130 1_zpsf3wmmgr3.jpg
The chair was my grandmothers and was the last place I saw her, my last visit with her before she died. The blanket was a garage sale find and also not really something that fits in but ah well.
 photo 20180115_163134_zpsv1myiu8w.jpg
This painting was one that was in my living room for many years back when it was decorated with all my "Indian" stuff. It was then delegated to the basement bedroom until Gabby moved in. Cooper has that room and so I really didn't want to leave it there. My parents bought the painting for me. The Arrow heads came from a museum. Some day I should get it appraised.
 photo 20180115_163141_zpsxfqvtpge.jpg
I am sure that I will find many more things to do before it's finished. The closet is organized and packed to the brim with Tristen's toys. He was very happy with the room and now it's more a boys room than a babies room.
Sharing with Anything Blue Friday
Sharing with A Dedicated House, Make it Pretty Monday

4 comments:

Kay G. said...

Tristen is growing up so fast!
I love the room and you should not say that something does not fit in there-if you want it, it FITS just right!
Your Indian painting reminds me of a painting that my Grandmother had in her living room, I say it was a painting but it was really a large picture that she had cut from a calendar and had framed. Women in my family might be poor but we like to look at art!!

A Brit in Tennessee said...

What a handsome young man Tristen is growing up to be, and making memories he will never forget !
I love the room update Janice, so many decorations and lovely pictures that have so much meaning to you.
I love surrounding myself with objects that have memories of good times throughout my life, as you.
On your previous post, the house is lovely. Such clean lines, and all updated, I'm sure you won't have any trouble selling quickly.
I've had all the snow I care to see this winter....barely four inches, I'm afraid I would not fare very well in Michigan :)
Hugs,
~Jo

Anonymous said...

it looks lovely, I love the Indian and western touches and of course the American flag, looks wonderful and what a lucky boy!!!I have joined as a follower so I won't lose you lol,,

Magic Love Crow said...

The room looks amazing! You've been busy!! Tristen looks so good! He is growing so fast! Big Hugs!