Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Seven Years ago...........................

Each year Laura and I write something about Alex, I think we will both continue to do so as long as we can.
 photo a_zps01dfuzoa.jpg
Today Laura posted this....
Today marks 7 years since Alex died. 7 long years but at the same time I sit here and wonder....7 years??!!! Already?? How is that even possible? I think of her every single day. I talk about her at least once a day. She is not gone, she is with the Lord and waiting on the rest of us and I think that is what makes it comforting for me to think of her and talk of her knowing she is not gone she is just out of sight. But her soul lingers. Her memories, her pictures, her things. I can still hear her laugh if I listen. I can still hear her voice. It echoes in my mind. She was unique. She was crazy, funny, dramatic, loud and someone that if she was in the house you knew it even if you hadn't seen her yet. She was messy and left a trail of stuff wherever she went. She wanted all the attention on herself and knew how to get it. She was beautiful but some days she didn't believe that she was, she could be very insecure about it....but other days wow...she knew it. She was also obnoxious and sometimes mean and selfish she wasn't perfect that's for sure. But she could also be very generous. She was often thoughtless but if confronted with a situation she would step up to help. Some days I would get a phone call from her and just have to get serious with her. She always had some drama going on. But other times she would call and her first words would be "Mommy, I just called to say HI!" Or I would get a PM or text from her and I was either shaking my head or laughing. Or she would stop by my house and head right for the pantry and help herself to whatever looked good. Alex had a strong spirit. And it still lingers here. I feel it. She had a rough time in her teens and had a hard time finding herself. Looking for love where there wasn't any. But after her son was born she realized she needed to step up her game and get on track and she did. She found a wonderful guy who asked her to marry him, she got herself a job to get herself through school and got through dental assistant school. And had a job with a local dentist lined up for her upon graduation. We will never know how it would all turn out because she died before she could even get the certificate of graduation. She died having succeeded in what she wanted though. She was very close with my brother Jason and grew up getting to go on trips with him and down to his place to hang out and she loved it. She had a strong male figure in her life in him as well as her dad and granddad. She had three sisters who some days wanted to kill her(lol) but who were there for her when she needed them. She had some good times and made good memories with them. She doted on her baby sister Reina and liked to spoil her. She has left her mark and none of us were untouched by her. She lived with her Nanny and Granddad (my parents) and boy did she give them a run for the money. Her Nanny was a very strong influence in her life, someone who was there for her no matter what and would often get the joy of dealing with her next big drama. But Nanny also loved to shop with her because she was so much fun to shop for. She loved everything! Nanny was often there to pick up the pieces of her life and was there when Tristen was born to help take care of him. Alex loved her Nanny. We all were touched by her in some way. We will all remember her always. You cannot forget someone like Alex. She had many friends and was loved by many. So today to mark the 7th year I just ask that you hug someone you love today. And tell them they are loved. Because you never know when it will be the last time. I had the great privilege of being able to hear her say she loved me one more time just before she died. And I was able to say the same to her and that is a greater gift than even I would ever know until hours later. <3 " The soul takes flight to the world that is invisible and there arriving is sure of bliss and will forever dwell in paradise." Love you forever Alexandra Jane Michaeline.  photo alex familyPicMonkey Image_zpsyw49g4tp.jpg
I really do not have anything to add to that today.
 photo 27655364_10154942663576595_6894430405549235179_n_zpskneforom.jpg

2 comments:

Kay G. said...

My heart is full after reading these memories. She was so beautiful, that is one of the main things I think of when I read this. I didn't know her but I do have eyes to see and that is just something that is very clear to me, that and the fact that she was greatly loved. x

Magic Love Crow said...

Such a beautiful tribute and beautiful pictures!! Sending Big Hugs and Much Love to you and Laura!!