Saturday, March 24, 2018

Saturday afternoon.....

It was a sunny Saturday in March, I tried to get some bird pictures but only two visitors. Got their pictures and waited but no luck. It was just too nice to sit around all day. So I went and asked Gerry if he wanted to go for a ride. He said yes, woo hoo.
Anyway here are the two show ups at the feeder this morning.
 photo 104_0257h_zpseg0ai7vt.jpg
 photo 104_0256a_zps3be4yywd.jpg
 photo 104_0264k_zps9iqjpgcf.jpg
That was it. I had put out critter food and the squirrels enjoyed that but not even a Blue Jay showed up.
So we headed up towards Elk Rapids. Nothing there. No good pictures just this one of the river
 photo 104_0270_zpsk2jixhkj.jpg
When we left Elk Rapids we went back via Torch Lake and around. We stopped to take a picture of Torch Lake, it's a big lake so was just taking a quick shot near the bridge. I couldn't believe there were still men fishing on there with it melting like it is.
 photo 104_0281j_zpslsruebxu.jpg
We have problems every Spring with people driving trucks out on the lakes or snow mobiles, the ice is getting thin and yet in their wisdom they think it's OK. Then through the ice they go.
There are some nice old barns out that way its a shame to see some of them getting worn down. Some are taken care of but it's an expensive job to renovate those old barns. This one is in good shape
 photo 104_0273_zpsm6ewvshj.jpg
Its sad to see them go because the ones they build now are all metal.
It looks like this farm has shorn all his sheep. They also look pregnant.
 photo 104_0276_zpsohz7un2w.jpg
 photo 104_0278_zpsqkkiolfk.jpg
We didn't stop anywhere else, not much to see. I took a shot of Lake Skegemog before getting onto M72 and home. Not much to see
 photo 104_0282_zpsswzoj5jf.jpg
 photo 104_0284_zps8qqefewl.jpg
I love the look of that lake it always looks so primitive. The Grass Lake Natural area butts up to it on one side and that is one of the only places we know of that the local Rattle snakes live. The Massasauga Its not a real large snake and very shy but packs a punch. So I will stay out of it's territory. It's not usually in the woods but still, best to watch where you tread around the lakes and water verges. I know they live there so stay on boardwalks. Have yet to see one even though we did go to look one summer. I would post a picture so everyone can see what they look like but, well, No, I won't. We didn't see any wild life today. Bummer, maybe tomorrow we will go the other way and head up to Northport.

1 comment:

Magic Love Crow said...

Love your bird pictures Janice! I have my birds fighting each other and I don't like that! Thinking of not feeding them anymore! Nice drive pictures! I don't understand when people drive their trucks on a lake, at this time of year! It happens where I live too! Big Hugs and Happy Easter!