Monday, March 26, 2018

Sunny Sunday.....................

Sunday was sunny and warmer than yesterday. We again went out for a drive. I had really hoped to see more wildlife but it was not to be. We did see some ducks and some Cranes but that was it. Not a creature was stirring. We took the back roads out to M72 and then the Maple City road out to the shoreline where we headed back towards Glen Arbor. Nothing much to see. We took a side road down to the beach and took a few pictures. Had to do it twice because the sun was shining and I could not see on my phone camera. When I got in the car I was shocked to see this.
 photo 20180325_142748_zpsclsu74qa.jpg
Squinty me, over and over again. I don't do selfies but there ya go.
Anyway, I took my other camera who knows better and took another couple of shots. I always get a kick out of this sign.
 photo 104_0290_zpslvhlts3t.jpg
 photo 20180325_150840_zpsnwpvrz99.jpg
 photo 104_0288_zpsj251hdj9.jpg
 photo 104_0289k_zps7gxqgyis.jpg
Buds are popping on some of the trees woo hoo.
I tried to get some old barn pictures missed most of the good ones. One day I must do a trip just to get old barns
 photo 20180325_142135_zpssof2soi7.jpg
I am shocked to see people at the beaches. What the hell is wrong with people can't they stay home on a Sunday and leave me in peace?.......sigh. I am joking right?
Well, at least they were mainly walking their dogs so I can allow for that.
Come Summer I am going to have to find some more exclusive beaches. I do not like sharing.
Lime Lake was pretty and you can see Sugarloaf in the background. Some one has bought that place, as of yet no one has been very successful running the place.
 photo 20180325_141808_zpsefawqnhh.jpg
Next stop was Port Oneida, my usual stop. Getting a bit fed up with that too. Time to find new haunts but will have to drive further for that.
 photo 20180325_145857_zpsjvqpaiur.jpg
Here we found some Canada Geese and Mallards enjoying the sun and no doubt building nests.
 photo 104_0304_zpsthkqbwa1.jpg
 photo 104_0300k_zpsbcwvtuxs.jpg
 photo 104_0299l_zpsuckhnwnp.jpg
They were certainly being vocal about things. We couldn't go far the roads are dirt and muddy right now, we didn't want to get stuck. So turned around at the old farm house.
 photo 20180325_144848_zpsmitl0x1w.jpg
We went on the main Port Oneida road instead. Since Gabby and I were there a week ago, maybe two, anyway that dang Beaver has been really busy and has chewed most of the young saplings down. Seems like they are also making a new river outlet to the road. The Beaver Lodge is bigger and once they have babies I am thinking there won't be many trees left. Already one road is closed because they flooded it. It is interesting to see.
I took the steps down to the beach. I needed the exercise and it was easier than the last time so that may be a good thing.
 photo 104_0314_zpsq7tpqgor.jpg
 photo 104_0310_zpsb849bajx.jpg
There was no one there, although someone was leaving as we arrived.
 photo 104_0320l_zpsesuydo46.jpg
So glad they put in steps because it was really hard getting down the embankment before, quite dangerous for me. This means now more people have access though. Sigh!!!
Do you see the big boat?
 photo 104_0290k_zpsqxyqkhnd.jpg
Neither did I until I got home and looked at the pictures.
The Lake is ice free now, just these coves that still have some lingering.
So that was it............we started home and by the Sand Dunes we saw some Sandhill Cranes fishing. Other than that, nothing.
 photo 104_0324jk_zpsxe7cjzya.jpg
 photo 104_0324j_zpsvcd8movm.jpg
They yelled at me when I got too close.
 photo 104_0325b_zpskzxyljhc.jpg
I was shocked that Gerry suggested stopping at the Hayloft on the way home for a burrito. Said it would save me cooking. Uh! heck yes. So a non eventful day. You know the bears are waking up now, why can't I ever see a bear? I want to see a bear. Really, I really do.

2 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

I always enjoy seeing your days out Janice, or as my dear old dad used to say "Let's go for a run ".
The beaches are so serene especially in the winter months, it's great seeing the wildlife just hanging out.
I love your selphie, you are a timeless beauty.
Hugs,
~Jo

Magic Love Crow said...

I like your selfie Janice! Your day was beautiful! I love all the photos you captured! That sign is cute! Hope you enjoyed your burrito! Big Hugs!