Thursday, January 24, 2019

Winter Blue's...........................

Oh what to do on cold snowy days. So much I could do but very little I want to do. It's too cold really to enjoy a day out and I only go when the roads are OK. I wanted to go out today to check out a couple of new stores but himself did not want to go. He had to shovel the deck. Naturally he did that after I went out and filled the bird feeders. So far this year I have seen very little birdie activity.
The girls are not thrilled to go out either their poor little tootsies get sooooo cold.
 photo 20190124_121554_zpsqgdcr0sf.jpg
They go out quick as they can and shake the paws that get so cold. They hate it. Normally they really don't mind the snow but this cold spell is something else. They wear coats since having hair cuts.
They need new coats
 photo 20190124_120556_zpseekpmsyn.jpg
Gerry went out and did some shoveling, he didn't bother getting the snow blower fixed. I don't know how he does it but seems to wreck them every time he has one. I think he probably sucks up the leaves that did not get raked up when the first snow flies. Anyway, in order to get the van out, the drive has to get shoveled.
 photo 20190124_120506_zpsrawkuh1k.jpg
 photo 20190124_120509_zpswgapgwqa.jpg
The snow is very pretty and I don't mind it at all, but the ice under it is what bothers me. Especially being on roads.
 photo 20190124_120525_zpsvtanxhfe.jpg
So what to do on these days.
 photo 20190124_120638_zpsnfbelfud.jpg
While tidying my cupboards I found an old file of stories I wrote or started to write. I have been putting those on line in blogs. I don't know if they are any good or not I am not a writer. It's fun though and I guess that's what matters really (for me) I have two unfinished stories that I have no idea where they are going. Then there is one that I just recently wrote that just flowed from me. That's not to say it's good or even readable but I enjoyed it.
It's called Alice's Story I have another called Short stories by Janice that I will be adding to. Next a short story called The Old Oak.
 photo 20190124_120702_zpsqjsnc6mg.jpg
The thing is it won't matter if anyone reads them as they are just on here. If I could make them palatable I could illustrate them. I could use some input. I am not good at language or spelling. Ah well, like I said, doesn't matter. Just something different to do on a cold winter day.
I did finish my quilts and the sewing machine is still sitting waiting on the table. I have this problem though. When Gerry is home just sitting around I lose all enthusiasm for doing anything. I am tired of sitting around. I am still working on getting my blood pressure under control. I really need to get out walking. Tomorrow we will check out a new market and see when Hobby Lobby opens. That will be a fun store to look around. As soon as the roads clear we are going out to the beach. Got to get OUT. Cabin Fever................

1 comment:

Magic Love Crow said...

You got to keep moving! I understand Janice! Your flowers are beautiful! Your stories sound great! You have to create for you! Don't worry about anyone else! Your poor puppies! It's freezing here with lots of snow! Big Hugs!