Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The Lambs.........................

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
 photo 75_zpse38eb5d1.gif


One of the most popular and well known of the Psalms. Its so insightful, so beautiful......we are the sheep and God our Father is the Shepherd. We must trust Him as the sheep follow the shepherd.
I think of the lambing season now, I know that in England land of my heart, the Spring lambs are in the fields and they are so precious.

 photo 7dbd1633-eec3-467b-8237-a481e4bce552_zpsd08d6a53.jpg

The Lamb

Little lamb, who made thee?
Dost thou know who made thee,
Gave thee life, and bade thee feed
By the stream and o’er the mead;
Gave thee clothing of delight,
Softest clothing, wooly, bright;
Gave thee such a tender voice,
Making all the vales rejoice?
Little lamb, who made thee?
Dost thou know who made thee?
 photo bf-sprkls.gif


Little lamb, I’ll tell thee;
Little lamb, I’ll tell thee:
He is called by thy name,
For He calls Himself a lamb,
He is meek, and He is mild,
He became a little child;
I a child, and thee a Lamb,
We are called by His Name.
Little lamb, God bless thee!
Little lamb, God bless thee!

by William Blake

 photo a2887d86-9bb2-476d-8df7-85bf72cadce1_zps16e3d1b8.jpg


Its such a pleasure to drive around the English countryside, and especially further north where there are many more sheep. A sure sign of Spring all the little woolies bouncing around the fields.

1 comment:

NanaDiana said...

We read that at my brother's bedside two weeks ago today. It is a comforting psalm, isn't it?

I used to love lambing season on the farm- xo Diana