Saturday, August 3, 2019

Hillman with Edna..........

Edna picked me up at 7.30am, God Bless her. I was barely awake when I got in her car. Hillman is a very small town on the other side of Michigan. I must try and find the route she takes because it is so beautiful. All forest for most of the way and about 2 1/2 hour drive. The shop we were to visit was Sandy Dees sewing and quilt shop.
We took M 32 east and it was very scenic. So good to still see so much forest out there.
I didn't get many pictures because on the way there the sun was in our faces so it was impossible to get the pictures. We saw 3 families of turkeys crossing the road. It's a wonder whole families don't get wiped out. These had chicks with them so were all over the place, proud parents trying to hussle them on and keep going in the right direction. Has to be stressful being a turkey mum.
Sandy Dees has wonderful fabrics. So much new stuff. New to me anyway. I bought several pieces I couldn't resist. I had the 10 dollar (free yard) for my birthday and that is generous. Edna likes the shop so was willing to take me there.

I found more sheep fabric and could not resist the piggy one. I found two patterns that I wanted as well




and I had to get some cherry fabric for pot holders and stuff.
The sky was so blue and the puffy white clouds were so pretty. I think I bought a few more bits and pieces but cant really remember now what I got where, because we went all the way up to Indian River next.


I get lost when going on these trips, I would never find these places. Edna is the expert driver.
I found some more fabric with Bees on and got a couple of fat quarters, and could not resist a panel with coffee on it.


I had bought some tea towels a while back and will make some coasters and hot pads to go with those for Christmas gifts maybe. Think I want some myself.

I like this shop as well and always find something there.
We had lunch before we got to Indian river at a place by the river. It was rather nice in a very quiet town, hardly anything there that I could see. Good food though.

all that was left was the long road home but we never stopped chatting the whole way so it passed quickly and was a lovely day.

1 comment:

Magic Love Crow said...

What an amazing place! What an amazing day! Love the fabric you got Janice! Big Hugs!