Sunday, January 1, 2012

Stardust.......

Star dust is one of my magical words like fairy dust. I have favourite words that bring peace or joy or pleasure. That inspire imagination and bring pretty pictures to mind. is just one of those words. Now we have the Hubble images that bring the word to life.
Photobucket


While I was never a hippy or a flower child, I think the words of this song have a lot to say. I am a Christian and I believe that "the garden" is Eden and we do need to get back to our basic humanity.

words by......Joni Mitchell
Photobucket

Well I came upon a child of God, he was walking along the road
And I asked him tell where are you going, this he told me:
(He) said, I'm going down to Yasgur's farm, going to join in a rock and roll band.
Got to get back to the land, and set my soul free.
we are star dust, we are golden, we are billion year old carbon,
And we got to get ourselves back to the garden.

Well, then can I roam beside you? I have come to lose the smog.
And I feel myself a cog in something turning.
And maybe it's the time of year, yes, said maybe it's the time of man.
And I don't know who I am but life is for learning.
We are stardust, we are golden, we are billion year old carbon,
And we got to get ourselves back to the garden.

By the time we got to Woodstock, we were half a million strong,
And everywhere was song and celebration.
And I dreamed I saw the bomber jet planes riding shotgun in the sky,
Turning into butterflies above our nation.

we are stardust, we are golden, we are caught in the devil's bargain,
And we got to get ourselves back to the garden.

Photobucket

No comments: