Saturday, September 15, 2018

A very full fun day.......................

We had Tristen come for the day today so around noon we started off on a day out of adventure and fun. We took Cooper with us just for company for Tristen and because he usually has a boring day on his own otherwise. They have been good together recently so we took the chance. I mean, you know, two boys together........yes. So we started off with bribery and so we went to Target and Tristen got some new Pokeman cards and Cooper a tranformer.
We started out going through Ovaitt a "ghost" town...........one of those small places that just dry up and die off.
 photo Ovaitt_zpsy5b3kdxk.jpg
 photo IMG_0036a_zpsyvciu9kn.jpg
 photo Oviatt_zps5eyzeahj.jpg
It was just going through some back roads to the usual destinations. This small lake has bubbling spots, maybe springs coming up Artesan springs. Anyway fascinating.
 photo IMG_0041_zpsrmhgkunb.jpg
This guy flew up, being bothered by the intrusion.
 photo IMG_0042a_zps6ehighys.jpg
The destination had been Empire to take the boys to the playground and beach. I had forgotten that they had a car thing going on so we bypassed that and headed for the Dune climb. Cooper was up for that but then said the sand was too hot, Tristen who did not want to climb, did so.
 photo IMG_0053h_zpsbo7ivjyi.jpg
 photo IMG_0050_zpsyv5vot92.jpg
 photo IMG_0045_zps4lmbntlr.jpg
From there we headed for the beach at Glen Haven. It was I suppose a perfect beach day. It was too hot for me but was nice on the beach a quiet breeze at least. I may have refreshed my tan a bit.
 photo IMG_0093_zpsp3mhkcx3.jpg
 photo IMG_0092_zpsw4rognqz.jpg
A few people but not too many most being at the car show I bet.
 photo IMG_0061_zpsmsjticmt.jpg
 photo IMG_0059_zpsxexbmxkc.jpg
This guy was there too, along with a small Sand piper
 photo IMG_0091n_zpsci6iblrg.jpg
 photo IMG_0080l_zps4cuqqzji.jpg
We stopped at the boardwalk and my little Woodpecker was busy again and I saw this pretty Butterfly so was worth the stop.
 photo IMG_0136_zpsht4btydk.jpg
 photo IMG_0137j_zpsg1rngovj.jpg
I surprised the boys by stopping at the favourite swimming hole and they had so much fun.
 photo IMG_0108_zpso80fw05c.jpg
 photo j_zpsormo59ky.jpg
I asked Cooper is he was peeing, what do you think?
 photo pee_zpsitpsixgm.jpg
We headed home and stopped at the Hay Loft for supper.
 photo 20180915_160946_zpscgia9oho.jpg
The boys enjoy the game room at the Hayloft so 2 dollars in quarters is worth the peace haha
 photo 20180915_160915_zpsglf2ievc.jpg
 photo 20180915_160938_zpsbftfosh2.jpg
So that was the end of a fun filled day.
Adding a Wikepedia link here, to read the legend of Sleeping Bear
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleeping_Bear_Dunes_National_Lakeshore

3 comments:

Kay G. said...

I have told you before but I will say again, I love the area where you live! Those dunes are just amazing, you should get those boys to write a poem about them. Don't laugh, let them know that not every boy is lucky enough to have that! Also, those boys are getting so tall, growing like weeds, we say in the South!
Good picture of you, just smile for us next time! You are so good, you won't see a selfie of me on my blog! LOL!

Janice Kay Schaub said...

I was very reluctant, only happened because the camera came up the wrong way, so I just did it haha...........There is a poem about this area that you may be familiar with....Hiawatha. When I was a little girl I got A+ for my interpretation of that poem in our English class. Who would have ever guessed I would end up near Gitchee Gumee......The story of the Sleeping Bear Dunes.....https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleeping_Bear_Dunes_National_Lakeshore If you are on facebook I have a video of the boys in the river
Hugs Janice




Magic Love Crow said...

What a great day Janice! Love all the pictures! Are you peeing Cooper! LOL! Too funny! Great picture of you! Next time smile girl! Big Hugs!