Saturday, September 29, 2018

A few Birthdays............

September is a month of birthdays. We have Tristen's on the 23rd and Jason, Alexandra and Bodi on the 29th. Tristen now lives at his cousin Laura's(Herman) so I don't do the party anymore and I don't go to it because it's at her house. So she called me today to ask if I want Tristen for the day, yes of course we do. So we had a good day. First we went out to Gallagher's Farm to get some more Honey Crisp and I bought him and Cooper Toffee Apples. Also just had to get some fresh bread. They make what they call Pizza bread and it is just soooo good. I also got some whole wheat bread with all kinds of grain on it. We had grilled cheese on that bread with chili from yesterday. It's always better 2nd day. This was meatless chili and I have to say I didn't notice. So that's another thing that I can make meatless. We bought and ate some Pumpkin donuts, and some Cider. I must get Edna next week and go get Cider again. She says we can freeze it. I know it's good for Diabetes.
 photo 20180929_123326201_zpsogsritbx.jpg
It was really busy at Gallaghers, we picked up what we wanted and then went down to see the animals. It was really cold though so did not linger.
 photo 20180929_123010_zpsqk9pr4i5.jpg
I don't really like seeing them because I know what happens to them very soon. The kids don't though so it's always fun for them. Piggies were all tucked up snug together
 photo 20180929_123200_zpsvpmwyhhl.jpg
After that we went to Walmart because Toy's R Us had closed. Tristen picked out some toys, I gave up and let him get a Nerf gun and also a new lego set. When we were checking out we saw the New Jurassic Park movie so we got that to watch. We bought a cake (any excuse for a cake as Gerry is always wanting cake) Ice cream (I got some coffee and Rum and Raisin for me). We also got a Butterfly for Alex. Next we went to visit Alex.
 photo 20180929_135305_zpsuavaz5dp.jpg
 photo 20180929_135232_zpslhwsklq8.jpg
 photo 20180929_135225_zpszhjtus0w.jpg
 photo 20180929_135224_zpsyvqee8pu.jpg
Today is also Michaelmas Day, the Feast of St Michael. It is Jason's birthday, his middle name is Michael. So we called Jason so Tristen could wish him happy birthday.
When we visit Alex it is always an opportunity to talk so his question was "So she was living with you when she died is that why I stayed with you?" Yes, that's why, because you were already living with us, Grandma Laura(Rodrigues) had Reina and she was small then, Grandpa Dan (Commins) could not handle the kids he had so asked if we would keep you and of course we wanted to anyway.........We told him it was what his mum wanted too because she had written a letter saying that if anything happened we should take care of him. We explained he was very fortunate so many people wanted him, talking about Laura H who he is now with, said she always wanted him and just didn't want to wait. That everyone even the judge thought he should stay here but she didn't give up. When they set the date for trial on the date Alex died I could not go on.............and so, he can be happy there as well as with us because they can do so much with him that we can not. If he doesn't act up in school we can spend more time with him so as I said, it gives us a chance to explain things better as he gets older. When I said he can be happy that he is so loved and wanted and he grudgingly said "spose so" ............lucky boy gets to go on a cruise this winter.
So next he got to have his cake and ice cream and then watched his new movie.
 photo 20180929_143911_zps6o6bmx6a.jpg
I think we all had a good day. He and Cooper have been playing all day and have been getting along well. I will remind Tristen that if he does well in school he may be able to begin staying overnight again. Time will tell.

2 comments:

Kay G. said...

Your Alex was born the same year as my son, he was born in November of 1989. The gravestone you have for her is beautiful and the cemetery looks very peaceful. I am very sorry for your loss.
Tristen looks so grown up now. I know this has been a huge adjustment having him live away from you but I am glad that he is spending more time with you.
He is a handsome young man!

Magic Love Crow said...

The pictures around Alex's grave site are so precious!! Sending lots of love out to all of you!!! Big Hugs!