Thursday, October 18, 2018

Trip to Jason's.................

Gerry and I spent a couple of days on a trip down to Jason's. He had told us he was to have a minor medical procedure and would be needing a ride back from the doctors. Jason is a rather private person and does not have many friends down there. So I volunteered us to go down and help out. We seldom go visit, mainly because we don't care for the drive and I prefer the country. He works for General Dynamics and lives in Shelby Township. Yes, that is the name of the town, just outside Detroit.
Long road to Jason's
 photo 20181016_131308g_zps5am33t9u.jpg
We took a different route this time and it was much more pleasant. I really dislike going through towns like Pontiac and Flint. I dislike freeways. I have never personally driven on a freeway and probably never will. Most of the way was dual carriageways. There was a big difference in foliage from here in the north to the more southern part of the state.
 photo 20181016_130259_zpshspmygq1.jpg
 photo 20181016_130345_zpsprfae8yg.jpg
The landscape changed dramatically the further south one gets. The North is all forests and lakes. Then the land gets very flat and it becomes farm land.
 photo 20181016_132531r_zpsutyuljod.jpg photo 20181016_133451h_zpsojvioy4x.jpg
 photo 20181016_134043h_zpszsipeaak.jpg
I saw a couple of great shots that we missed. Can't stop so easy on those roads. I saw a small herd of deer by the roadside, I counted 6 before we whizzed by. The next was an Amish farmer with a wagon and horses and the the best would have been a farmer with a wagon and horses cutting corn stalks by hand.
We didn't see anything like that on the way back.
I also think God was having a laugh. I am always saying "please let me see a bear" Well I saw a road sign that said "Bear crossing next five miles" Well...............needless to say we didn't see any bear, saw the sign on the way back but that sign had baby bears with the mum. Nope, not one. So I suppose next time I better be specific. I would like to see real bears please.
 photo 20181016_141745_zpsdm1hyury.jpg
 photo 20181016_142401h_zpsxx5rzmko.jpg photo 20181016_145738h_zpsshrtlorm.jpg
We got to Jason's with no trouble and got Chinese for supper. I have had better, the chicken was tender but the sauce was not the best (Chicken curry). Ah well. His cats were curious but didn't really have a lot to do with us. We got to check out his redecorating. I liked the colours he chose for bedroom and bath.
 photo 20181016_145741_zpsqaqv57wo.jpg
On the way down we crossed the Zilwaukee bridge, and when we got close to Flint we could smell it. I really do not care for cities.
 photo 20181016_150833_zps5s0udpsp.jpg
 photo 20181016_163214_zpsn0izib86.jpg
 photo 20181016_163215_zpssezm3k7z.jpg
We had good weather both ways. Jason's procedure went well. It was early in the morning so we were able to get that over with and then go to breakfast. We could not wait to get home once we had him safely back at home and feeling well. We really missed our poodles who had spent the night on their own. We never leave them so it's always a worry. Gabby took good care of them but still they had to miss us at Bedtime. She had instructions to leave the lights and TV on all night so they had company haha. We just missed an accident on the way home. A car apparently crossed the line and hit the car behind us. All we heard was the crash. Gerry could see in the mirror but we didn't see what happened. Plenty of cars stopped so we kept going and got out of the way, we could not help and didn't see what happened. I said a prayer that everyone was OK. It was good to be home but was a nice visit.

1 comment:

Magic Love Crow said...

What a beautiful drive you had! I'm glad your friend's procedure went went well! You made me laugh about the "bears"! LOL! I'm so happy you missed that crash! I bet your poodles were happy you were home! Big Hugs!