Wednesday, October 2, 2019

October rain...................

The rain stopped for awhile this afternoon and even though it was still wet we took a Hosta over to Alex. I have felt bad not getting out there so much this summer. There has been major road works on 8th st and it has just reopened. We went the other day to take an Autumn wreath and today we took and planted a Hosta. I think it will do well there.

On the way back I wanted to see how high the river is, so much rain, really soggy down there. Its supposed to rain all day tomorrow but Friday should be OK so I think we will take a trip to Leland I want to see how high the water is in Fishtown.
Anyway, down by the Boardman the ground is soggy and the river is high. I see they have put in new boardwalks on the other side. Set them higher so they are not underwater as they are in some places.Maybe it was time for a renovation anyway.



Some of the grass had to have been wet all summer, it now looks like it will soon be a pond. It was hard walking but at least I actually had tennis shoes on.


The only wildlife were a few Squirrels and a couple of pairs of Mallards



A few pretty berries, leaves and mushrooms but not much else.



we walked back to the car, but we had parked near the Crooked Tree Arts council so we went inside to see what they had showing today.
The Covell FUneral Home was looking smart so I took a shot.






Well that wasn't so bad for a gloomy day, look forwards to a day out on Friday, although I should work in the garden. We shall see.

No comments: