Monday, October 21, 2019

Saturday sunshine........................

We had to get out, it was so sunny and warm. They had said the leaves were at the peak. They were not. Hope to get out this week. Monday seemed too soon and I had not slept so really tired. We went the wrong way so instead of ending up in Lake Leelanau we ended up in Cedar. We went up Kasben road and we saw Bluebirds but no pictures. Had to check out the cows though. Look at those lovely faces



I love cows. Well I just love animals but cows have this face that seems so? Placid. Well heading in the wrong direction sort of put me off kilter somehow, we missed some of the destinations I had in mind. Didn't matter because it was definately not the peak. I saw an Eagle fly over. I know where he lives haha. I have been reading of places that people have been to take great pictures, that's what I planned but not what happened. I had wanted to see some of the Salmon that someone had posted on Facebook so we did stop there at Shalda creek. Saw them but could not get a picture. They seem to be black with a white stripe.




This time the Beaver activity was pretty clear. Last time I had seen the tree stumps but couldn't tell if it was fresh. This time I saw a dam across the river, they have been working hard.
Finally went down to School Lake and took a few pictures



We stopped at the beach after we went to Shalda Creek.





From there the next stop was the boardwalk as I call it. Not much activity there. Saw this guy though, could be wrong but maybe a Grebe







It was early enough and no point trying to go up the drive up dunes because on a Saturday it would have been all people. Sick of that so we went to Esch rd and drove along the backroad through the woods. It was lovely. What a surprise though. Otter creek runs into Lake Michigan there and the kids loved to play there. Well somehow its all filled in leaving just a stagnant pool.The high waves and wind must have blocked it all in.......so then I went to the bridge across the creek hoping to get pictures of Salmon there but oh no, all flooded out, the water dark and stagnant. will the park service just leave it? or will they dig it out to start flowing again? Look how its eaten into the dunes.







The Lakes are ever changing. We stopped down at Pt Oneida so that I could see what damage was in that area. Well surfice it to say the beach is gone and where the steps end at what should be sand, its a drop off.


onder
We went on to Frankfort and the pier is gone. Well its underwater at the moment. We went on to see if that Boardwalk was flooded. It wasn't phew. Still the water was very high and further along the water had been over the path. Wonder if the road floods, there was a sign so pretty sure it was at one point as the picture shows it's very high.











we headed home after that not much to see no birds. So we got our fix at the Llama farm.





I also took a video and if I can figure out how to post it I will put it here. A few more to end with, the sky was so pretty I have to show them. Look how big the Cedars are
I love old barns

Seed pods are cool

.....and so are the berries

Pumpkins

No comments: