Sunday, October 6, 2019

Should have, could have, didn't........

Such a pretty day today we really should have worked in the garden. Days like this will be fewer now so instead we went for a drive to Whites Orchard shop. I had convinced Gerry he needed a cherry pie. With that idea in his head I also mentioned a nature conservancy area close by. I had already looked it up on line and thought I had clear directions, he agreed. So off we went, don't think he fancied working outside either. Found the orchard easy enough.





Saw this handsome young man and got myself lots of wet kisses on my face.

The dog of course .........I had seen an add on Facebook for the shop and asked if it was open on Sunday. How convenient Facebook can be. I also noticed glass pumpkins and bought one for my collection. Got some Honey crisp apples and a cherry raspberry pie for you know who. I had to taste it naturally. Boy was it good.


So we went back and forth looking for Petabego pond for a bit and could find no way in. We did go along the trail opposite to see the wetland area but no way in there either really unless you have a boat. Not sure boats allowed on that side but I have since found the Petabego Pond and sand bar is accessible by boat so we are out of luck. Maybe we need to get a boat haha. Anyway I took a couple of pictures as the woods were pretty.



So we turned back and decided to go to the Maple farm trail instead. That leads to the beach.





The farm house is beautiful and they have a garden I saw a Monarch, probably not going to make that last journey.







It has to be hard to give these places up and hand it over to the parks but, it means that the land will stay this way now, it will not get built on. I think the farm land will be used, right now it has sunflowers on it. In the Summer its a wonderful sight and we can all enjoy their sacrifice. So many unselfish people in our area who give over land to be preserved not only for us who can enjoy it but for the wildlife, the birds and animals that make this area so beautiful. Many farmers can't make a living these days and this way they can recoup some of their losses as well as see their land preserved for the future generations.
The clouds today were so pretty. The garden had some nice veggies in it and the tomatoes were tempting, not mine to take though the birds and beasts can have them.

No comments: