Thursday, January 16, 2020

Cold dreary day....................

Monday was cold and dreary but I wanted to go out. It was to be a short trip we were intending to go up one side and down the other of Lake Leelanau. Well that was the plan, a short ride I had said. Well we took the wrong road. Again.....so ended up not exactly where we planned. We ended up in Cedar. Ah well. Don't know what I was thinking, the Bay was as calm as glass. The ducks hiding in the shrubs as we passed but out in groups on the water



We always pass some Swans and this time got a picture. They looked so pretty against all the grey.



We made our mistake by taking Cherry Bend instead of going into Suttons Bay but I had thought it would be easier to get the shots I wanted being on the correct side of the road. Didn't turn out that way. Ah well never mind.


When we got to Cedar we took a picture of the bridge there and the river. A few farms along the way





I loved how the trees were all frosted. Well we ended up in Leland instead of where we intended so what could I do? I had to check out the beach. It was so calm. The sky and water both grey and blended one with the other. I walked about an hour, it wasn't cold to me. Gerry stayed in the car. I found a few stones, some blues, only small ones but I like them just as well. My feet got wet but I didn't notice. I was alone, it was quiet. I loved it.





Only a few pretties, most of the stones were like gravel so no big ones. Some Petoskey's in the water but not worth going in for haha.


Well we headed home after that taking the long side of Lake Leelanau that again comes out in Cedar. We had been told that there was a carcass out on the lake and that Eagles and Coyotes were eating there. Well all we saw were fishing shanties. I don't think we saw any birds or animals this day except for a deer crossing the road far away. I have been watching for Snowy owls but alas no luck. We think it may be sunny tomorrow and today its been snowing all day so maybe some nice pictures. Where should we go though.......
Frozen Lake Leelanau

Some beautiful barns along the way.






So here's hoping for a nice day tomorrow. I have to decide do I want to go the usual route? or if the roads are good up to the Lighthouse at Northport Point, or just go the other way to Elk Rapids.......what to do?

1 comment:

Kay G. said...

I love your snowy photos! The beach looks gorgeous in any weather.
The SWANS! Oh, be still my heart, I love them!!
Stay warm!!