Saturday, January 11, 2020

Winter winds..............

Its howling out there today, winds blowing and a little fresh snow. Too cold to be outside. I would have liked to get back down on the beaches, so many stones to sort through now, I see videos on Facebook from people who are braving the cold. I want to be there.
We went for a drive the other day.........decided on a short one. We knew storms were expected so ventured forth. Went through some farm lands to Esch Road. I wanted to see if Beaver Creek was flowing free again and it was. It was so nice being the only one on the beach.
We started off on back roads for an indirect route.


I thought maybe the open fields and barns would give us some views of Snowy Owls or turkey at least but nothing.
We finally came out on M22 as planned right near Esch Road. So on down to the beach, the road had been plowed so it was easy enough, it was beautiful. No one there, just me. Gerry stayed in the car, well I should say he got right back in the car after the first shock of the wind.





I had to walk up to see if the Creek was flowing again, it was. It was beautiful. Nice strong current right into the Bay. Last summer it was all filled in by the storm and everywhere was flooded up by the bridge,




The water was so clear and the pebbles would have been a delight in the summer time, sitting in the water looking for treasures. Not this day though brrrrr.
The frozen sand made walking easy.........



I walked to the bridge to see what was going on there, not a thing. One man came to walk his dog as I left the beach. Looked like the dog was to have fun with a ball, a good day for a run I guess. Saw nothing at the Creek but glad to see the flooding had eased up.


We wanted to go along Aral road through the woods but had to turn back. Lucky for us a good spot to turn around


It had started to rain a bit and we knew the storm was about to hit us, ice first then snow later. We headed home after stopping to check the progress of the beach in Empire and get a glimpse of the deer. They were headed for the Cedars to wait out the weather no doubt,



We only ended up getting a little snow but more coming tonight. I see on Facebook pictures of Leland beaches and I want to be there. Way too cold for Gerry so no point in suggesting it. I can't safely drive in snow, I can't see well enough and it scares me anyway,,,,,,,,,so till next week. Here are a few visitors to my feeders.







Later 'gator .....

1 comment:

Maureen hack said...

Another lovely blog. The photos are great too. It looks so beautiful.